Senior Business Development Executive, Government
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are seeking a Senior Business Development Executive with exceptional sales and customer facing expertise.
What You'll Bring:
- In-depth experience of the public sector, retail credit or consumer credit reporting industries.
- A University/College degree is preferred in business, communications, marketing or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 5 years of enterprise sales or account management experience working with the Public sector, B2B, data or technology services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (bilingual preferred but not required).
- A high performer with an engaging, adaptable and goal-oriented personality.
- Previous exposure to a long and complex sales cycle and the ability to effectively create and execute a sales plan to gain market share and increase market penetration.
- Skilled at building a strategic pipeline and foreseeing advanced opportunities.
- An innate relationship builder adept to building sustainable affiliations with customers.
- A trusted advisor who skillfully earns the respect of colleagues and customers.
- A skilled presenter who can connect and engage with customers with a high degree of comfort & confidence.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle concurrent projects.
- Ability to successfully interact with front-line actuaries and upper management to present solutions and resolve problems.
- Team oriented with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Aware of the legislative environment in which the customer is operating and has a working knowledge of all compliance related issues and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint & Excel.
Impact You'll Make:
- Maximize account penetration by increasing depth and breadth of company solutions across customer’s organization.
- Use business intelligence to create connections between and within the selling and buying organizations to generate sales, encourage the exchange of information and provide relevant solutions.
- Maintain and improve sales to meet and exceed revenue goals to ensure client revenue growth and future profitability.
- Establish a long-term relationship with customers and develop a partnership strong enough to withstand major obstacles.
- Coordinates the sales process by securing internal resources, scheduling team conference calls, delegating assignments, coordinating responses and ensure customer’s expectations are met or exceeded.
- Identify opportunities for product development and creatively build on data to drive product or service enhancements.
- Lead external planning process with individual clients to guarantee client acknowledgement of key business issues and recommended company solutions and resources to address issues and opportunities.
- Solve client problems and diffuse escalated matters. Provide documentation of issues and root causes for future issue avoidance.
- Build and leverage relationships with other corporate departments, including accounting, operations and other sales groups to meet the needs of the customer.
- Proactively research and remain astute of industry changes; drive education of the customer and other members of sales staff.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:MAE II, Account Dev - Direct Sales