Counsel - Technology and Information Security
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver’s seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles,our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree with 0 to 3 years of experience as an attorney, preferably with a background in technology transactions and comfortable with interpreting, negotiating, and drafting complex contracts and related documents
- A background in the information technology space and / or in-house counsel experience
- This is a hybrid position and involves regular performance of job responsibilities virtually as well as in-person at an assigned TU office location for a minimum of two days a week.
We'd love to see
- Experience supporting commercial sales and commercial legal teams, working with big data, cloud service providers, and XaaS ("X" as a service) solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of US federal and state data privacy laws and regulations, as applied to information security
- Knowledge and understanding of the Drivers Privacy Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act is preferred
Impact You'll Make:
- ·Develop functional knowledge in numerous security frameworks (e.g., NIST 800-53, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001 and ISO 27002) and their relevance for both TransUnion and its customers
- Develop expertise in cloud-based shared service models, the consequences of operating in hybrid environments, and issue-spotting at the product development stage to mitigate misunderstandings of each party's responsibility in a complex transactional environment
- Review and negotiate information security related matters in TransUnion's customer-facing agreements, including Master Service Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Reseller Agreements, and security addenda attached to same; assess same to determine and advise senior business and law department personnel on risk
- Interact with TransUnion's Customer Risk team, Third Party Risk Management team, and other internal clients where you will advise on consequences arising from decisions trees at the security, legal, and business levels
- Advise stakeholders regarding changes in law, industry standards, shifts in market trends, or other legal issues that may involve TransUnion's strategic operations
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Counsel, Legal