Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineering Manager to join our DevOps team. Our mission is to enable Skilljar’s engineering teams to develop, test, deploy, run, and monitor their applications on our AWS infrastructure. We are also strong advocates for best practices that help our engineering teams build secure, reliable, and efficient software.
As the manager of our DevOps/Infrastructure team, you will support a capable and experienced team of engineers focused on evolving, automating, and scaling our AWS infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline, and monitoring/alerting tools.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Lead a team of 4-6 dedicated DevOps/Infrastructure engineers responsible for handling all aspects of mission-critical systems
- Hire, mentor, and grow DevOps/Infrastructure engineers
- Plan and drive process and service improvements as well as operational efficiency and excellence.
- Help build and support best in class solutions for Skilljar’s AWS cloud infrastructure, including:
- CI/CD pipeline
- Application hosting infrastructure
- Data storage, backup, and management
- High-availability and disaster recovery
- Logging, monitoring and alarming
- Own and maintain cloud services usage and performance dashboards and metrics
- Own and maintain infrastructure scalability plans
- Play a leading role in incident management to resolve outages and communicate with external providers and internal teams
- Research and adapt new infrastructure/hosting technologies, tools, and standard methodologies
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading a DevOps/Infrastructure engineering team
- 10+ years of experience as a DevOps/Infrastructure supporting web applications on AWS
- Working experience with Linux systems administration
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience supporting and integrating log management tools, application monitoring services and alarming services such as Cloudwatch, New Relic, VictorOps or PagerDuty.
- Experience with Scripting (bash, Python, etc.) and familiarity with Linux account and system administration
- Knowledgeable on DevOps standard methodologies.
- Self-motivated and collaborative teammate with excellent interpersonal skills.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Skilljar Base Pay Philosophy:
At Skilljar, we strive for salary range transparency in our hiring process. This is a major step towards not only complying with state and local regulations where required, but also to make sure Skilljar is putting pay equity and DEIB top of mind during the hiring process. Base salary is only a part of the total rewards package - this role will also be eligible for a new hire equity grant in the form of stock options, and sales commission. Below is the base salary range for this role:
All Remote US: $175,000 - $195,000
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Paid Parental Leave: For our employees starting or growing their families, Skilljar offers paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401(k) savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is now a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, New York and Virginia.