Customer Success Manager, Enterprise
Skilljar is seeking a Customer Success Manager, Enterprise, to join our growing CS team! The Customer Success team at Skilljar strives to create the best customer experience possible. We go above and beyond to help our customers achieve their key business outcomes. In this role, you will use your exceptional customer success skills to cultivate positive relationships in order to ensure clients achieve their business goals.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who enjoys wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. This individual will be working directly with our enterprise and strategic accounts to enable them to successfully adopt Skilljar to achieve business goals. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster!
- Proactively lead customer relationships throughout the entire customer lifecycle following launch hand-off.
- Develop a deep understanding of each customer’s business goals, initiatives, and use cases to achieve their short and long term business goals based on their unique use cases. If the customer is not achieving their key objectives, you diagnose root causes and recommend corrective actions.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews to strategize on upcoming initiatives, provide guidance on program strategy, and review training metrics that align with business value and impact.
- Develop and lead strategic plans and analyzing business information to create sophisticated Success Plans for strategic accounts, develop and streamline operational Playbooks and processes, assist in the development of developing best-practice training for our CS team.
- Identify appropriate stakeholders. Establish and own the executive relationship and drive connections with all key collaborators within an account.
- Identify new expansion opportunities through customer engagements. Partner with a dedicated Account Manager to provide access to customer status and insight into expansion opportunities.
- Collect customer product requests and contribute to agile prioritization through Skilljar’s product development process to ensure success.
- Provide ongoing recommendations and serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams.
- Log, monitor and report on the health/risk of each customer. Develop and complete risk mitigation plan for escalated accounts.
- Partner with internal support team to ensure all customer-facing support and service issues are resolved.
- 8+ years in a customer success or account management role, preferably in an enterprise SaaS environment.
- Experience managing enterprise accounts.
- Proven track record of interacting with and driving projects at C-level, VP, and Director client levels, collaborating with customers, and setting and managing expectations.
- Highly organized with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, web conference, and in writing.
- Understanding of enterprise level information systems (ERP, CRM, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous environment. Startup experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match with the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Skilljar Base Pay Philosophy:
At Skilljar, we strive for salary range transparency in our hiring process. This is a major step towards not only complying with state and local regulations where required, but also to make sure Skilljar is putting pay equity and DEIB top of mind during the hiring process. Base salary is only a part of the total rewards package - this role will also be eligible for a new hire equity grant in the form of stock options, and a bonus. Below is the base salary for this role:
Base Pay: $115,000
- Comprehensive Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for dental, vision, disability, and basic life insurance. We offer three medical plan options - one of which pays 100% of employee premiums.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off that they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Paid Parental Leave: For our employees starting or growing their families, Skilljar offers paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees have access to a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, a 401(k) savings plan, stock options, tax-advantaged accounts such as HSA and FSA, voluntary insurance, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. A few things you can anticipate: Quarterly Skillet Socials, lots of active Slack channels (including dedicated channels to a themed Thursday, giving kudos to one another, and sharing our remote-working experiences), opportunities to get to know other Skillets across departments, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is now a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, New York, Missouri and Virginia.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.