Pricing and Estimation Manager
What You Will Do:
As a Pricing and Estimation Manager, you will join our Finance team to build the pricing and estimating process for large and small [Government] programs. You will partner with the technology and growth teams to understand performance and direction of the business for modeling and analysis. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will ensure our pricing strategies are accurate and competitive in the market.
- Executes all position responsibilities in alignment with Slingshot’s core values, mission, and purpose.
- Shapes company pricing processes and interfaces with the Growth team to support proposals, ROMs (Rough order of Magnitude) and bids to support a repeatable, scalable process
- Develops basis of estimates for proposals, ensuring consistent estimating practices across the Slingshot Aerospace lines of business, and supporting negotiations with customers and suppliers
- Conducts research and analysis of the current market and other agency purchases of similar products and services, reviews historical prices, performs comparative analysis to similar programs, and obtains pricing data to facilitate the development of realistic program costs
- Develops and prepares estimates, prices, forecasts, and baseline cost estimates for projects that are used frequently to ensure a high probability of win and ensuring the success of our revenue and bookings goals
- Develops and maintains baseline cost estimates, pricing methods, models, and processes for Slingshot Aerospace solutions
- Develops metrics in partnership with Finance leadership to track the cost estimate versus the actual cost and to create mitigation strategies to resolve differences
- Provides analytical support and evaluates customer requests for proposal, substantiates estimates/pricing, cost estimates, and assembling price proposals
- Performs analyses in support of pricing and estimating activity (risk, financial, competitive, etc.)
- Supports request for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information(RFIs) in an ambiguous start-up environment across types of proposals to ensure a high probability of win
- Evaluates subcontractor and supplier price/cost proposals & associated trends
- Provides training to implementation teams regarding policies, procedures, and practices related to program cost management and pricing
- Develops trend analysis for cost performance, pricing, supplier performance, compliance metrics and related analyses to inform future proposals
- Performs other duties as assigned (to be less than 10% of the responsibilities listed above).
- 7-10+ years of experience developing pricing strategies for Government customers, including a solid understanding of U.S. federal government estimating and pricing principles
- Experience performing ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel skills
- Experience building and managing financial models and analysis for business forecasting and project performance
- Understanding of how to build pricing & cost models for both services and development-oriented contracts (CP, T&M, FFP) as well as product-oriented contracts
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with an ability to build and articulate pricing strategy for government work to senior business and finance leaders
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Previous experience working in a high-growth environment, specifically in Aerospace
- Ability to work successfully in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines
*Please note, you don’t have to meet every qualification listed - if your skills are transferable and you meet the minimum requirements, we encourage you to apply.
Classification: Full time Exempt (administrative exemption)
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion are key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for creating a safer, more connected world. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and we embrace individuality.