Who we are?
Speakbox is a Vancouver-based startup solving the critical challenge of continuity of care within behavioural health through a platform that places the patient at the center of their care for greater collaboration. Not just providing the back office essentials to running a mental health practice, Speakbox focuses on the relationship between patient and therapist ensuring both have the right information at the right time; helping them achieve the best outcomes while helping clinicians optimize management of their practice.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will be joining our team as a Senior Full Stack Developer, working closely with the company co-founders to create our first integration with Stripe to support our B2B SaaS product.
Joining during a phase of rapid growth, as a founding member of the engineering team you’ll have the opportunity to help establish the team's culture and operating norms.
Day to day, as a senior technical team member, you will be designing, developing, and helping build features throughout the full web application stack.
Here’s how - you will:
- Influence the direction of our platform by leading engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices as we scale.
- Own and scale new product features from ideation to launch
- Help shape the future of engineering at Speakbox
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle - you have / are:
- 5+ years of experience working in a full-stack engineering role with a track record of building scalable and secure systems from the ground up
- 2+ years of experience with backend technologies such as TypeScript & Node.js (Express/Nest.js)
- 2+ years of experience with frontend technologies such as Vue.js (Nuxt.js), HTML & CSS.
- Familiarity with the Stripe API (Billing & Connect)
- An ability to drive progress in ambiguous problem areas independently.
- A passion for leaving things better than you found them
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with distributed systems (microservices) & serverless architecture
- Devops experience and familiarity with: Google Cloud & Docker
- Experience with No-SQL and SQL databases
- Experience interacting with third-party APIs (Stream, etc.)
- Familiarity with healthcare domain standards and compliance (FHIR, HIPAA)
We appreciate your interest and look forward to speaking with you soon.