INSPIRING THE CREATORS OF TOMORROW
Who We Are
Sphero is transforming PK-12 education with accessible tools that encourage exploration, imagination, and perseverance through STEAM and computer science. With the help of educators around the world, we are empowering learners of all backgrounds and abilities to discover their interests and passions while equipping them with the skills they need to be the world’s future Changemakers.
With physical presences in Greenville, TX, Hong Kong, and fully-remote, globally-based employees, Sphero has become the market leader in EdTech solutions, loved by millions of educators, students, and parents worldwide.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
As a Legal Intern at Sphero you will be assisting the company’s Chief Legal Officer with:
- Negotiation and drafting of various corporate contracts - vendors and procurement, customer and distributor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Maintaining and updating standard forms of agreements.
- Updating corporate records and contract files.
- Regulatory compliance, including privacy and security.
- Managing intellectual property portfolio: patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- Employment and other operational issues as needed.
- Current 1L law student who will be a 2L in the fall 2024 semester at the University of Colorado School of Law or the University of Denver School of Law.
- Deep desire to get up to speed quickly.
- Interest in complex contracting principles a must (indemnification, licensing, limitations on liability).
- Preference to candidates with interest in intellectual property law or privacy law.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and interpersonal.
- Attention to detail and superior organization.
This is your opportunity to impact the STEAM, robotics, and computer science revolution with an inspired, dynamic, innovative team that is transforming the world of PK-12 education. If you’re interested in bringing your unique talent to support our mission, please send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: This is a temporary, full-time position (40 hours per week) beginning in May or June, 2024 and continuing for a minimum of 10 weeks, and up to 12 weeks, over the summer of 2024. The role will pay $1,800 per week.
We encourage and welcome applicants with any and all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and competencies. All decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal opportunity employer.