Program Manager - Product Engineering
Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else. On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a rockstar Program Manager - Product Engineering who will work with Spocket’s product and engineering team and own end-to-end delivery of every product feature. You are a documentation expert and adept at tracking, documenting every activity in the company. You will be self-motivated, a team player partnering with other product managers, designers, and engineers across the organization to contribute to the overall business objectives of the Spocket.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Manage complex initiatives through the entire development life cycle; planning, execution, status reporting, and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Drive agile processes to enable teams, from sprint planning to retrospectives, with an eye towards optimization and team unity.
- Plan and execute high-value cross-team meetings and keep track of meeting agendas and meeting notes.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post-release phases.
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision-makers, and ensure decisions are made in order to drive projects forward.
- Own planning and coordination of QA process across multiple projects on a monthly basis.
- Perform risk management and scope management on projects and identify blockers
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders as changes occur with projects within the programs they support.
- Work closely with your Product Management and Engineering counterparts to develop a strategy, roadmaps, and quarterly goals for continuous integration. This includes understanding and managing all aspects of these integrations such as policy, legal, security, technical architecture, delivery, and how to support new features at Spocket.
- Work closely with business engineering teams to ensure business needs are met. without compromising long-term platform health and evolution.
We’re excited to have you because you have…
- Exceptional technical analysis skills that lead to recommending alternative technical and business approaches to eliminate risk or any potential challenges.
- An ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams.
- 2+ years of technical program management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, hardware budgeting, preferably in the eCommerce and compliance or regulatory space.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
- At least 2 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization.
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles.
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others.
- JIRA user experience.
- JIRA administrator experience.
- You can draw from your experience of working at a company that scaled quickly.
- Experience with OKRs.
- PMP or any PMI Certification
You’re excited about joining because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We can help facilitate the sponsorship process for Canadian Permanent Residency, contingent upon completion of 24 months of work and performance review