Intermediate Full Stack Engineer - Test and TS
Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom, full ownership, and responsibility.
We are looking for an Intermediate Full Stack Engineer with a background in software development, implementing thorough and effective testing processes, and experience providing internal technical support. You will be responsible for performing functional application testing, optimizing internal team processes, and resolving technical challenges that have been prioritized by the engineering and product team.
You're excited about the role because you will...
- Participate in requirements/specifications review, test planning, and execution of test cases.
- Collaborate with other team members during investigations and reproductions of defects that impact our customers.
- Provide root cause analysis to escalations and other important issues.
- Create impactful long-term internal tooling to improve efficiencies within Spocket's operational teams.
- Build subject matter expertise in product domains and utilize the knowledge to provide estimates, identify risks, assess product quality, and release readiness.
- Participate in documentation of quality assurance methodologies and technical knowledge base.
- Maintain, manage and scale our current stack on an ongoing basis.
- Have ownership and responsibility for the code and the product.
We’re excited to have you because you have these skills…
- 3+ years of software development experience and have a track record for building high-quality, maintainable, tested, documented, and scalable software.
- Proved record of analytics and troubleshooting skills
- Backend experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with modern frontend development (technologies, methodologies, tools, and frameworks, e.g.: React or Vue).
- Experience developing and integrating with RESTFul APIs.
- Knowledge of software quality assurance concepts and principles
- Experience with SQL databases and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with multiple testing tools (Mocha/Jest/Cypress/Selenium), methodologies, and strategies such as unit, integration, and end to end.
You’re excited about joining because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We can help facilitate the sponsorship process for Canadian Permanent Residency, contingent upon completion of 24 months of work and performance review
Something looks off?