About the job
Location(s): Atlanta, GA
Stratos is hiring a Software Engineer (Founding Engineer) to join our founding team and help us build a magical product that changes lives. We are looking for someone passionate about the intersection between technology and community.
Our goal is to build a global social network that connects ERGs and affinity groups across the country.
Deep listening - When you speak, we listen. We’re willing to receive new information – whether pleasant, unpleasant, or neutral.
Compassionate speech - Our goal is to uplift with our words.
Result-oriented - We believe in taking extreme ownership and prioritizing results.
Always giving - We are not takers; we are here to give. The market needs us.
Customer-focused - We are customer-obsessed. We exist to innovate on behalf of our customers constantly.
What you’ll do:
Build the culture - Stratos is a young and agile company. What does your ideal engineering team look like? It is yours to shape.
Take extreme ownership- You’ll manage our entire technology stack - and we expect re-architecting at some point (Current stack: React JS and Firebase). You will also be in charge of giving guidance on design, architecture, and other technical decisions to help the team ship quickly and with the user in mind while weighing the longer-term implications of our choices.
Develop and support your team - As we expand, we will need you to grow our team.
You’ll be tasked with inspiring your team and helping them grow by engineers while constantly giving them feedback.
Own engineering execution end to end - Work with our founder to set ambitious goals on our most complex technical problems, lead the product to success, and communicate proactively with the business teams to ensure we meet our overarching goals – even if that means plans need to change along the way.
Get your hands dirty, jump in - Jump in on whatever else it takes to build the company and community from the ground up.
- You’re an engineer that loves building products and working collaboratively with a team
- You have experience building scalable applications and distributed systems
- You have extensive experience in at least one Full-stack software development and/or Native mobile app development (iOS and/or Android) - more than one will give you bonus points :)
- You have experience in at least one of these product areas: eCommerce apps, Social networks, Video-on-demand and live streaming, Creator economy.
- You believe that professional networking for Black and Latinx professionals is a critical need
- You want to be on the ground floor looking to revolutionize an industry.
Our progress to date:
Here are some of our accomplishments: participated in TechStars ‘23 winter cohort, two major flagship partnerships, launched beta of platform, and pipelined 10 major tech companies.
If you're curious to hear more about the opportunity, please apply. We will contact anyone who looks like a potential match.