Sales Engineer (APAC)
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Sales Engineer to join our team in APAC, and work remotely from India. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of software development and will be able to translate complex technical information into clear and concise language. They will also be able to work closely with sales executives to develop and execute sales strategies.
What you will be doing
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients throughout the sales cycle
- Address any technical queries or concerns clients may have
- Present product demonstrations to customers, tailored to their specific use-case and industry
- Collaborate with sales teams to develop comprehensive proposals that outline the technical and business benefits of our solutions.
- Assist in RFP/RFI responses with technical accuracy
- Collaborate with internal teams, including product development and customer support, to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- Represent the company at trade shows, conferences, and other events, providing expert knowledge of our products and forming relationships with potential customers
- Adaptable: You are flexible and able to adapt to the fast-paced and ever-changing nature of the technology industry. You thrive in environments that require agility and are open to embracing new challenges.
- Solution-Oriented: You are a problem solver who thinks critically and creatively to develop solutions. Your focus is on identifying customer pain points and tailoring our products to meet their needs.
- Results-Driven: You are motivated by results and have a strong drive to achieve sales targets. Your ambition and dedication make you relentless in your pursuit of success.
- Collaborative Team Player: You thrive in a team environment and understand the importance of collaboration. You are willing to share knowledge, provide support, and work together to achieve common goals.
- Customer-Centric: You put the customer at the heart of everything you do. You are empathetic and strive to understand and exceed customer expectations.
- Energetic and Enthusiastic: You bring positive energy to the team. Your enthusiasm for our products and the solutions they offer is contagious and helps inspire both customers and colleagues.
- 2-4 years of experience in a sales engineering role, technical support role, or other customer facing technical role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of the chat software market, customer engagement technologies, and cloud-based solutions
- Ability to travel as needed throughout the EMEA region for client meetings, trade shows, and events
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical sales and the ability to achieve sales quotas
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience selling or implementing an API or SDK solution
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a shortlist of the technology that we currently use:
- Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
- Redis, Memcached
Why join Stream?
- History of success. From Amsterdam to Boulder and Techstars in-between, Stream has raised over $58.25M to build the best Chat Messaging & Activity Feed infrastructure available, with best-in-class support.
- Freedom and endless growth opportunities. As a rapidly growing startup (since 2020 we have gone from 30 to 150 employees), Stream gives you unique personal and professional growth opportunities. The opportunity of true ownership and accountability has a massive impact on your career. These are the things you can rarely experience in huge corporations.
- Be on the front line of progress and innovation. While working with cutting-edge technology, we are passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them, empowering engineering teams to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience.
- They believe in us: Stream is backed by leading VC companies (Felicis Ventures, GGV Capital, 01.Advisors, Techstars, Arthur Ventures), including backers like Dick Costolo (01 Advisors, ex-CEO of Twitter), Olivier Pomel (CEO of Datadog), Tom Preston-Werner (Co-Founder of GitHub), Nicolas Dessaigne (Co-Founder of Algolia), Johnny Boufarhat (Founder and CEO of Hopin).
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- Legal employment in your country of residence
- A combination of 36 days per year in PTO and public holidays
- Company equity
- Remote work
- Fitness stipend
- A Macbook Pro provided
- A Learning and Development budget
- The possibility to visit our offices in Boulder, CO and Amsterdam, NL
**Note:* this list of benefits applies to Netherlands-based employees and is adjusted per your location of residence.*
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse, and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents worldwide, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering, our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No recruiters/agencies please