Research Intern (AI/ML)
Elevating the quality of human life through every conversation
Symbl.ai Internship 2023
Research Intern (AI/ML)
Remote United States
About the Team:
The Symbl AI Research team serves as a vital link connecting our research division with our valued customers. Through tackling real-world use cases, we gain valuable insights into our technology's current capabilities and identify promising research areas to prioritize in the future. We are currently seeking Research Interns to come on board and assist us in unlocking the complete potential of our current product suite, headlined by the Nebula LLM.
About the Role:
As a Research Intern at Symbl.ai, you will have the opportunity to be part of our dynamic team and engage in meaningful research projects. Your role will involve working with real world data and scenarios, and deploying ML techniques and algorithms at scale to solve problems of vital business value. This role is designed for passionate individuals who are eager to contribute to our innovative work in AI/ML and research.
Highlights for Research Intern at Symbl.ai:
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of Nebula, our cutting-edge large language model (LLM), and work on state-of-the-art techniques at the intersection of Machine Learning and AI Research. You will be part of a highly collaborative and agile environment that nurtures innovation and fosters your growth as a research professional.
Please Note: To be eligible for this position, you should be currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and available for a full-time 3-6 month internship, co-op, or research work term (January - April).
Working as a Research Intern, you will:
- Contribute to the development and advancement of the Nebula LLM, our flagship product.
- Work with experienced researchers and developers to conduct novel research, and translate that into real world impact.
- Dive into real-world Machine Learning applications.
- Work on research projects that push the boundaries of AI and NLP technology.
- Gain hands-on experience in deploying AI tools and techniques.
- Analyze data, experiment with algorithms, and enhance your problem-solving skills.
- Develop deep, hands-on knowledge of building, maintaining, and deploying a large language model.
Please Note: Although we have focused centers in Seattle, WA and Pune, IN, there are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role - Symbl is fully remote.
To excel in this role, you should:
- Have a strong passion for AI/ML/NLP research and a desire to learn.
- Hold (or currently pursuing) a Ph.D. or Master's degree in an AI/ML/NLP area.
- Possess a solid foundation in Machine Learning concepts.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be proficient in data analysis and research methodologies.
- Have a prior portfolio of hands-on development work, preferably in the AI/ML space (include link to examples or Github).
- Show a keen interest in AI and technology trends.
- Demonstrated research work, including but not limited to published work.
- Possess effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Be adaptable, curious, and committed to contributing to the research community.
- Be self-driven, motivated, and hold strong technical opinions.
We are a Series A company ($24M raised in total), having signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud. We are focused on bringing our technology to market with the technical expertise and market understanding to support it. Our team has a proven track record of building large-scale and secure enterprise-grade developer products, ranging from API Gateways to the Conversation AI platform, and we are proud to say that our entire team is world-class.
The Symbl platform provides access to pre-trained language models (LLMs) through its APIs, which are custom-built using millions of spoken minutes to understand the nuances of meaning, sentiment, and intent in spoken language, as opposed to written text. We recognize that spoken language is at the heart of all communications, and it can be a challenging and costly endeavor to dissect the behaviors, syntax, semantics, and context that collectively give words meaning in voice.
As an organization, we firmly believe in equal opportunity and do not engage in any form of discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment where every individual is respected and valued for their unique contributions.
In addition, our recent developments in Large Language Models (LLMs) and our cutting-edge Nebula technology have further expanded our capabilities in the field of natural language understanding. We are excited to continue pioneering advancements in this space while upholding our commitment to equality and inclusivity.