ML Engineering Intern - Nebula
Elevating the quality of human life through every conversation
Symbl.ai Internship 2023
Remote United States
About the Team:
At Symbl.ai, we are a trailblazing force in the world of artificial intelligence, committed to pushing the boundaries of technology. Our latest breakthrough - the Nebula LLM - represents the cutting edge of innovation, and we're looking for dedicated Machine Learning Engineering Interns to be part of this journey.
About the Role:
As a Machine Learning Engineering Intern at Symbl.ai, you will immerse yourself in the dynamic world of Nebula, our pioneering large language model (LLM). You will work at the forefront of machine learning, tackling real-world challenges and developing innovative solutions that shape the future of AI and language technology.
Please Note: To be eligible for this position, you should be currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and available for a full-time 3-6 month internship, co-op, or research work term (January - April).
Highlights of the ML Engineering Intern Role at Symbl.ai:
Join a collaborative, agile environment that fosters innovation and supports your growth as a machine learning professional. This is an exciting opportunity to work with large-scale, novel conversational data; and train and deploy foundational large language models from the ground up.
Working as a Machine Learning Engineering Intern, you will:
- Collaborate on the development and enhancement of the Nebula LLM, our flagship product.
- Dive into real-world data, exploring unique challenges in language technology.
- Implement machine learning algorithms and techniques to solve complex problems.
- Work closely with experienced professionals to gain insight into AI/ML research.
- Engage in a variety of projects that directly impact our product's capabilities.
- Gain practical experience in a collaborative work setting that encourages learning and personal development.
Please Note: Although we have focused centers in Seattle, WA and Pune, IN, there are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role - Symbl is fully remote.
To excel in this role, you should:
- Hold a Ph.D. or Master's degree in a relevant scientific or technical field.
- Have a strong foundation in machine learning, natural language processing, and deep learning.
- Be proficient in programming languages such as Python, and exhibit familiarity with ML libraries.
- Have experience working on large-scale ML and Deep Learning projects.
- Have demonstrable prior hands-on experience and projects in relevant areas.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Show a passion for pushing the boundaries of AI and language technology.