Senior/Staff Software Development Engineer in Test
At Synack, we create technology that unleashes the best cybersecurity talent to secure our digital world.
We protect leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
We are looking for a talented Senior or Staff Software Development Engineer to play a critical role in enhancing the quality and reliability of Synack Platform. In this role you will work closely with our development and quality assurance team to design and implement robust test automation framework, conduct thorough testing and ensure the delivery of high-quality software.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading...
Here’s what you'll do
- Validate E2E scenarios for the setup with complex systems
- Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of product.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews to ensure the quality and maintainability of code.
- Collaborate with the QA team to improvise already established Quality standards for the R&D team.
- Collaborate with engineering to analyze and identify gaps in automated test coverage and test infrastructure requirements
- Collaborate with the development and infrastructure team to setup CI/CD pipelines for automation tests
- Lead the overall testing and release process within your team
- Collaborate with scrum team to provide robust e2e testruns, test coverage
- Provide Framework and setup for performance/load testing
Here’s what you’ll need
- BS degree in Computer Science/Embedded systems, or equivalent experience
- 12+ years experience in Software Engineering, at least 3 of which as an SDET
- 3+ years of experience in testing complex systems, including cloud based technologies hosted in GCP, AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools & automation frameworks.
- CI tooling experience in TeamCity, Github Actions or CircleCI.
- Experience with writing backend integration tests for RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of backend systems, database technologies
- Ability to read and analyze application and system level logs
- Load & Performance testing experience with backend systems/embedded systems.
- Understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
($115,000 - $205,000 p/y) Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack