Field CISO, Public Sector
At Synack, we create technology that unleashes the best cybersecurity talent to secure our digital world.
We protect leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
We are looking for a Federal Field CISO to join our fast-paced public sector team to support the execution of a comprehensive go-to-market plan. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the cybersecurity industry and have a strong grasp of the major market segments and leading solutions in the enterprise security market. Experience and knowledge in security operations, attacker TTPs, penetration testing, and vulnerability management is a must.
This is the perfect opportunity for a Security Thought Leader to support the way that Synack advises clients and partners on their offensive testing security strategy. Security advisory, hands-on security testing, industry, and client/prospect presentations, active with Synack Red Team activities, and solution evangelism will be a part of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role.
This role will also focus on monitoring the cybersecurity landscape from the perspective of partners and competitors, and create actionable positioning content that will help our sales, marketing, product management, and branding efforts. If you enjoy crafting consultative security strategies that have a significant impact for our clients’ security posture, this is the position for you.
The ideal candidate for this role is innovative, energetic, and creative as well as a strong writer and thinker who knows how to distill research for executives, sales teams, technologists, and marketers. The Public Sector team is looking for an enthusiastic and positive attitude and demonstrated flexibility -- and agility -- to thrive within a startup environment.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading...
Here’s what you'll do
- You’ll participate in key events, conferences, and industry meetings (webinars, forums, trade shows, presentations).
- You will work with key Synack public sector partners, customers, and employees to enhance the current Synack on-demand security testing narrative
- You’ll leverage Synack product and security testing subject matter expertise to act as an executive trusted advisor to customers
- Lead customer and partner focused hands-on technical sessions to help drive Synack on-demand security testing awareness adoption across the federal landscape
- Be recognized as council for customers – interfacing with C-Level security professionals (CIO, CISO, or equivalent)
- Conduct comprehensive research and analysis of competitors and market trends, and deliver objective, meaningful insights in concise and compelling ways. Identify and fill gaps in Synack’s understanding of the market and its competitors.
- Monitor and highlight industry publication, competitor actions, and market developments. Collaborate cross-functionally to develop Synack’s positioning statement and enable key members of the organization to make sound business decisions.
- Train the field on competitive differentiation and messaging on an ongoing basis.
- Provide source materials for sales enablement content such as battle cards, playbooks, sales presentations, sales tools, or other assets to help sales win.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader and help foster internal competitive information sharing.
- Support sales enablement efforts, including ad-hoc support of the global sales organization.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated track record of extensive experience in the cybersecurity industry
- Minimum Number of Years’ Security Experience: 10+ years
- Broad experience in general cyber security processes, programs and integrations- SOC/SIEM/SOAR, IR, GRC, Security Architecture, Threat Intel, DR, Risk, Executive Reporting, Application Security, etc.
- Prior competitive and market intelligence experience in the cybersecurity industry required
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in security testing activities such as penetration testing.
- Familiarity with open-source security tools and intelligence techniques
- Excellent written communication and persuasion skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with different elements of a business organization
- Demonstrate sophisticated research and analysis skills, including financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize raw information into meaningful content and presentations
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to elucidate with partial or ambiguous information
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of Federal contracting landscape, FedRAMP, SaaS adoption up to IL6 environments
- Secret clearance or higher strongly desired
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
$140,000 - $220,000 Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack