Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails, Backend
Imagine a world dedicated to Security without Compromise. Synack, headquartered in Silicon Valley, protects leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
At Synack, we aren’t afraid to think outside the box or take on big challenges. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
Are you ready to leverage your software development skills to build a platform that is transforming cybersecurity? As a Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails, Backend you will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative team developing our cybersecurity platforms. You will be a critical contributor to the development of the system while implementing engineering best practices. If you enjoy pivoting between different problems and meeting new challenges every day while developing a solution that is mission critical to the organization, this role is for you! Sounds interesting? Keep reading…
Please note: This is a remote position based in the U.S. We can only hire U.S. citizens for this position due to federal government contract requirements.
Here’s what you'll do
- Design, develop and maintain highly scalable and available microservices hosted on Google Cloud Platform and Azure.
- Collaborate with the product team and engineering leadership in requirements gathering, planning and estimation.
- Architect and implement business logic in Ruby on Rails backend and Relational data store.
- Develop and evolve APIs to interface with Web UI.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code following our coding standards.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks, bugs and backend issues.
- Participate in system design, code reviews and production releases.
- Contribute to our technical documentation and update system and data flow diagrams as you introduce new features.
Here's what you'll need
- 8+ years designing and building dynamic production solutions.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- 5+ years in a Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years experience with building and deploying containerized applications. K8s is a bonus.
- Solid backend experience with background jobs processors such as SideKiq.
- Experience with queue and messaging solutions such as PubSub/Kafka
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with testing tools such as Rspec, Jest, TestCafe, React Testing Library
- Understanding of various database systems such as RDBMS and NOSQL
- Experience working with cloud hosted environments
Great to have
- 2+ years of experience with Golang
- Experience with GCP
- Experience working in Cyber security problem space
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
($115,000 - $230,000 p/y) Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack