Senior Software Engineer, Backend
At Synack, we create technology that unleashes the best cybersecurity talent to secure our digital world.
We protect leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
We are looking for an experienced and innovative distributed-systems focused engineer to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be to build scalable distributed systems and data driven products. If you're ready to take on the challenge of building cutting edge software that will revolutionize the field of cybersecurity we want to hear from you! Sounds interesting? Keep reading…
Please note: This is a remote position based in San Francisco Bay Area, CA. We can only hire U.S. citizens for this position due to federal government contract requirements.
Here’s what you'll do
- Design, implement and delivering well-tested, scalable, highly available microservices
- Owning and ideate technical solutions for product requirements and user stories
- Actively engage and participate in design and code reviews
- Offer guidance and support to junior team members, encouraging and cultivating a culture of continuous learning within the team
Here's what you'll need
- 10+ years of experience in distributed-systems and backend software engineering
- Recent experience with golang preferred; however candidates with distributed-systems expertise in other language ecosystems such as Java, C#, Rust, C/C++ etc will be considered if you are committed to making the jump to golang
- Strong experience and understanding of microservices, REST API design, gRPC, writing unit testing, BDD testing
- Strong design skills required – UML is a bonus; exposure to Domain Driven Design desirable
- Experience with asynchronous messaging technologies such as Google PubSub, Kafka
- In depth knowledge of NoSQL and RDBMS technologies
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Environments (GCP preferred)
- Experience working on agile teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in all mediums
- Experience working on and scaling a microservice-based application
- A proven ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
Nice to have
- Interest in security / penetration testing
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
($115,000 - $230,000 p/y) Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack