ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a driven Community Manager to join our team and take charge of the Talk Howdy’s community building efforts. Talk Howdy is an early stage startup, building a platform for peer led, small-group video chats and online communities.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced startup professional with a passion for community building, customer relationship development, and Talk Howdy’s mission.
This is a full-time position and reports directly to the CEO. You will be an integral part of a quickly growing start up. We are a team of authentic, open, intellectually honest individuals. We do not discriminate against race, gender, or sexual orientation and embrace diversity and uniqueness.
- Outreach: Responsible for finding and reaching out to interested group admins, chat moderators, and prospective users.
- Community Relationship-Building & Retention: Connect with our community members to help our members to build and curate their groups, understand their needs, hear their pain points, resolve issues, and boost engagement and retention. They will assist group admins in pre and post-chat efforts to ensure success.
- Moderation: Occasionally will lead Howdy-organized chats and groups.
- Social Media Management: Occasionally will help manage our social media presence which may include Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and a blog.
- Exploration: Continuous learning about what other leaders in the space are doing to build online communities.
*CORE COMPETENCIES: *
- proven work experience as a community manager/brand ambassador OR proven experience building out brand ambassador/influencer programs
- excellent communication skills
- excellent writing skills
- hands on experience with managing volunteers
- knowledge of social media marketing techniques
- attention to detail and ability to multitask
- ability to get-it-done while working remotely
- Adaptable, flexible, independent worker that takes initiative (read: Get sh*t done, no BS attitude).
*BONUS POINTS: *
- experience working in a young startup environment
- experience in sales
- experience launching community initiatives
- experience writing blog articles
- Incredible opportunity for individuals looking to jumpstart their community-building or startup career, with tremendous growth opportunity.
- Competitive pay.
- Working as part of the best team ever.