Clinical Laboratory Technician II
Tasso is a fast-growing startup that has developed a painless device to collect blood from people at home for at-home diagnostic testing. Tasso has strong partnerships with pharmaceutical companies, diagnostic testing labs, and healthcare systems that are looking to provide remote ways to access blood and associated lab measurements. Tasso was originally founded to create a better way to collect blood instead of a painful fingerstick or time-consuming venous drawing and was originally funded by the NIH and DARPA. Since then, our products have been used in pharmaceutical clinical trials, by Olympians as part of a new virtual anti-doping program, and broadly by hospital systems across the US.
We are hiring a Clinical Laboratory Technician who will report to the Director of R&D.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the research and clinical teams to requisition and process blood samples for research and clinical diagnostic testing.
- Perform laboratory tests and procedures.
- Organize clinical data into spreadsheets and reports.
- Work with the engineering team and clinical team to develop, plan and execute test protocols for the evaluation of new device prototypes.
- Maintain calibration, supplies and service records for laboratory equipment.
- Follow protocols to ensure proper laboratory operations, including sample handling in research (non-CLIA) setting, reliable data collection, and chain of custody.
- This position may be asked to assist with other research, product development, or commercial related tasks as they may arise.
- B.S. in laboratory medicine, clinical science, biochemistry, or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year of wet lab experience in handling and processing biological samples.
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to proactively identify and solve problems; demonstrated initiative is imperative.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and multi-tasking skills are critical.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, electronic health systems and databases used in research environment, and have a willingness to learn and demonstrate proficiency with new systems within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to be flexible, organized, and detail oriented.
- Available to work extended and flexible hours as needed to meet upcoming deadlines.
$62,000/yr. - $73,000/yr. base + Stock Options
We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and a fantastic work environment:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision for employees and generous subsidy for dependents.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 401K + Employer Match
Powered by JazzHR