Patient Recruitment Specialist & Trial Coordinator (Clinical Research Coordinator II)
Tasso is a fast-growing Seattle-based startup focused on delivering at-home diagnostic testing to those who need it most. We are growing our footprint with leading health systems, clinical research organizations, academic medical centers, and more who are looking to deliver clinical-grade, convenient diagnostic tests to their patients. Tasso was originally founded to find a better way to collect blood instead of a painful fingerstick or time-consuming venous draw. Since then, our products have been used in pharmaceutical clinical trials, by Olympians as part of a new virtual anti-doping program, and broadly by hospital systems across the US.
We are looking for an experienced Clinical Research Coordinator with a specialization in digital trial recruitment. This is a patient-facing lab-based role that includes an opportunity to specialize in digital recruitment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct study recruitment, this may include developing advertising and other informational materials to be used in subject recruitment.
- Develops creative assets to be used for marketing, recruitment/retention of studies, including translations and revisions if applicable
- Analyzes, tracks, and forecasts the progress of recruitment and retention programs and recommends adjustments on a site-by-site basis, reporting and providing recommendations both internally and externally as required
- Within the framework of centralized plans, develops unique advertising plans/retention plans for individual sites, along with ongoing assessment of sites’ capacities relative to intake/processing of advertising responses
- Interfaces with research participants to support efforts to determine eligibility and consenting of study participants according to protocols
- Communicates and collaborates specific study requirements to the research team, including internal and external parties, PI, and study participants
- Ensures compliance with research protocols by providing ongoing quality control audits of study documents for assigned studies.
- Disburses investigational devices to study participants and provides patient teaching regarding use, as necessary.
- Supports the clinical manager in the maintenance of regulatory documents for assigned studies in accordance with SOPs and applicable regulations.
- Communicates and collaborates w/ study team, including internal and external parties, sponsors, PI, and study participants.
- Conduct informed consent and research interviews with research participants in person or remotely.
- Assess eligibility of potential subjects through methods such as screening interviews.
- Arrange, conduct, and record study visits with participants to collect data and obtain biologic samples following strict protocols and processes. This may include blood draws, vital signs, medical history, and adverse events tracking.
- Maintain accurate and concise participant records, ensuring completeness and accuracy of information. This includes manual and electronic documentation
- Assist with participant tracking, including research activities and incentives.
- Process samples that are received at Tasso from study subjects.
- Analyze study samples as needed.
- Perform data entry data review to ensure its credibility.
- Develops accurate source materials and ensures compliance.
- This position may be asked to assist with other research related tasks as they may arise
- A minimum of 1-year of clinical coordinator research experience.
- BA/BS in a biological science field.
- Medical Assistant Phlebotomist certification for Washington State or equivalent or willingness to obtain one.
- Digital trial recruitment or digital marketing experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology, clinical medicine, clinical trials and GCP concepts
- Detail-oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to proactively identify and solve problems; demonstrated initiative is imperative
- Must have professional demeanor and strong communication skills with the public as well as physicians/researchers
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and multi-tasking skills are critical
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel, electronic health systems and databases used in research environment, or have a willingness to learn and demonstrate proficiency within six months of hire
- Ability to be flexible, organized, detail-oriented and tenacious in follow-through
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and manage deadlines
- Knowledge of GCP, federal, state, and local regulations, including HIPAA policies and procedures
- This is a hands-on, on-site role in Seattle, WA
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Detailed knowledge of FDA regulations and GCP/ICH guidelines as they apply to the conduct of clinical research and recruitment manageme. nt
- GCP training (Must be completed within 30 days of hire)
- HIPAA compliance and training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Publisher
- Experience with execution and oversight of digital marketing campaigns
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate to a wide variety of audiences including senior management
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- $70,000 - $78,000 + Stock Options
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision for employees and generous subsidy for dependents
- Unlimited Vacation Time Off
- 401K + Employer Match
- Paid parental leave policy
- Hybrid work policy (one to two days WFH)
Powered by JazzHR