Senior Software Engineer, Python ( Remote)
At Telnyx, we’re architecting and amplifying access to global connectivity. We power communications, wireless, networking and storage from our private, global, multi-cloud IP network all the way out to the hyperlocal edge. And we make this edge infrastructure easily available through intuitive APIs housed in one space.
We’re interested in solving real-world problems, modernizing the antiquated and automating the manual. In building solutions that make connectivity simple and accessible, we’re laying the foundation for a future of endless innovation and interconnected technology. Our shared vision is a future where people, devices and applications can seamlessly connect across the globe.
- Design developer-friendly APIs.
- Build, test, and deploy applications to deliver critical global communications services.
- Identify and resolve issues related to latency, scalability, and performance.
- Create tools to automate aspects of production systems.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience with an object-oriented programming language
- Experience with web application development using Python
- Comfort working with relational databases at scale.
- Experience in a highly-available, uptime-critical production environment.
- Deep knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns.
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Jenkins, Prometheus, or RabbitMQ.
Bonus Points For
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making, knowing when to move fast and when to long-term optimize.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, product-driven environment.
- You keep up to date with the latest technologies and patterns, and enjoy sharing what you’ve learned.
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?