VoIP Engineer - LATAM (Remote )
At Telnyx, we’re architecting and amplifying access to global connectivity. We power communications, wireless, networking and storage from our private, global, multi-cloud IP network all the way out to the hyperlocal edge. And we make this edge infrastructure easily available through intuitive APIs housed in one space.
We’re interested in solving real-world problems, modernizing the antiquated and automating the manual. In building solutions that make connectivity simple and accessible, we’re laying the foundation for a future of endless innovation and interconnected technology. Our shared vision is a future where people, devices and applications can seamlessly connect across the globe.
As a VoIP Engineer you understand how the Telnyx Telephony Engine works as a whole, while also being able to identify each underlying service and its purpose. You use this knowledge plus your experience working with VoIP technologies to design new features and guide software developers on their implementation. You assist other teams by triaging escalated issues and then working with all the involved parties until they are resolved. You are the subject matter expert for all topics that are telephony related, and when you don't know the answer you will know who to ask.
You work with users around the globe, where you help by solving their communications challenges. You’ll also get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in VoIP technologies and interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Understand how all Telephony services work and how they are integrated to the platform.
- Handle level 3 troubleshooting escalations and triaging.
- Analyze telephony traffic patterns and identify issues and anomalies.
- React to critical alerts in order to rapidly return to a full-service state.
- Troubleshoot and resolve voice and network protocol communication issues.
- Interface with partner organizations for interconnections and expansions.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain monitoring, alerting, QA and logging tools for Telephony applications.
- Coordinate system maintenance and deployment events.
What we are looking for
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications or similar.
- Strong understanding of IP telephony (VoIP), TCP/IP Networks and related protocols (SIP, RTP, RTCP, ISUP, TLS, STUN, TURN, WebRTC).
- Experience with Open Source VoIP applications such as Kamailio, OpenSIPS, FreeSWITCH, RTPEngine, Asterisk and open source tools such as Wireshark, sngrep and Homer.
- Experience with Linux, Open Source tools and shell scripting.
- Experience with containers and automation/orchestration tools such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with programming in Python, Elixir or Go are a plus.
- Must be able to communicate in English, other language skills are a plus.
Base salary is based on location and experience.
The example below is the salary band for someone located in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Junior to Mid Level: US $25,942.00 to US $34,880.00 USD Yearly Salary
The ideal work hours are between 10:00 and 19:00 UTC-3 (13:00 and 22:00 UTC).
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?