WebRTC Engineer (EMEA, LATM - Fully Remote)
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
As a WebRTC Engineer you understand how the Telnyx WebRTC platform works as a whole, while also being able to identify each underlying service and its purpose, proxies, back-to-back-user agents, SDK clients, push notification services, etc. You use this knowledge plus your experience working with WebRTC technologies to design new features and guide software developers on their implementation. You assist other teams by triaging escalated issues and then working with all the involved parties until they are resolved. You are the subject matter expert for all topics that are WebRTC related, and when you don't know the answer you will know who to ask.You work with users around the globe, where you help by solving their communications challenges. You’ll also get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in WebRTC technologies and interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
In This Role You Will
- Understand how all WebRTC services work and how they are integrated to the platform.
- Handle level 3 troubleshooting escalations and triaging.
- Analyze traffic patterns and identify issues and anomalies.
- React to critical alerts in order to rapidly return to a full-service state.
- Troubleshoot and resolve voice and network protocol communication issues.
- Interface with partner organizations for interconnections and expansions.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain monitoring, alerting, QA and logging tools for WebRTC applications.
- Coordinate system maintenance and deployment events.
You May Be A Fit For This Role If You Have
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications or similar.
- Experience with open source WebRTC technologies such as Janus, Verto, Pion, SIP.js.
- Strong understanding of IP telephony (VoIP), TCP/IP Networks and related protocols (SIP, RTP, RTCP, ISUP, TLS, STUN, TURN, WebRTC).
- Experience with Open Source VoIP applications such as Kamailio, OpenSIPS, FreeSWITCH, RTPEngine and open source tools such as Wireshark, sngrep and Homer.
- Experience with Linux, Open Source tools and shell scripting.
- Experience with containers and automation/orchestration tools such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with programming in Python, Elixir, C/C++ or Go are a plus.
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?