FreeSWITCH Software Engineer - Remote
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
As a FreeSWITCH Software Engineer, you will be responsible for operating, expanding, and maintaining our FreeSWITCH-based back-to-back-user-agent service. This role involves working on implementation of changes, bug fixes, development of new modules, expansions, troubleshooting, and ensuring the overall reliability and performance of the system.
You will join a team of FreeSWITCH Engineers that lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration.
You work with users around the globe, where you help our customers by solving their communications challenges. You’ll also get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
- Develop, implement, and maintain features and functionalities within the FreeSWITCH-based B2BUA service.
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging of issues related to VoIP protocols such as SIP, RTP, and WebRTC.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize software improvements and enhancements.
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to latency, scalability and performance.
- Conduct code reviews, ensure code quality, and follow best practices in software development.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology advancements to recommend and implement improvements.
- Own all aspects of the FreeSWITCH based B2BUA service, from the design of new features, to the implementation, QA, deployment to production, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Integrate the B2BUA service with other services that are part of the Telephony Engine by interfacing with other teams at Telnyx.
- Handle escalations from other teams about B2BUA related issues.
- Be the subject matter expert for any FreeSWITCH related question coming from different parts of the company.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that ensure production systems are always healthy.
- Automate processes that allow for faster deployment cycles and capacity scaling.
- Experience with C/C++ Software Development: Proven experience in C/C++ software development, including coding, debugging, and optimization.
- Experience with VoIP Protocols: Strong familiarity with VoIP protocols, including SIP, RTP, and WebRTC, and the ability to troubleshoot and work with these technologies.
- Experience with FreeSWITCH Source Code: Previous experience working with FreeSWITCH source code is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Kamailio, OpenSIPS, RTPEngine, Asterisk or other major VoIP projects.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining distributed applications at scale.
- Experience with containers and automation/orchestration tools such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins.
- Expertise leveraging modern libraries such as Boost.
- Familiarity with automake and autoconf build systems.
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?