Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
You will deploy and maintain hypervisors like OpenStack and Proxmox, contribute to the installation, migration, updates and integration of hypervisor services and modules. Maintain and optimize active projects. Participate in the development process of new projects and document the architecture and components.
- Design, deploy, and manage highly available, scalable, and secure infrastructure solutions which include: OpenStack, Proxmox, Ceph, and Ansible
- Design and maintain OpenStack and Proxmox platforms for engineering team consumption
- Ensure that hardware design meets business and technical requirements, including performance, scalability, and reliability
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of OpenStack-based solutions
- Ensure the reliability, performance, and scalability of OpenStack-based solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex infrastructure issues, ensuring optimal performance and reliability
- Develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code (IaC) templates and scripts to automate deployment, management, and monitoring processes
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in OpenStack/Proxmox or other hypervisor architecture and design
- Strong knowledge of OpenStack services and components, such as Keystone, Nova, Neutron, and Cinder
- Experience with OpenStack deployment and configuration using tools such as Ansible, Heat, or Terraform
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, and VPN
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?