Auburn, AL, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2022
As an Electrical Engineer at Tennibot, you will be working on a new problem, challenge, or task every day! We are a venture-backed robotics startup that builds practical and useful robots that help players and coaches. This position is ideal for anybody interested in learning about startups and entrepreneurship firsthand. You will be working closely with the CEO and the rest of the Tennibot team. You will be responsible for activities that include (but are not limited to) designing, prototyping, and testing PCBs, as well as working with suppliers to source components. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in product development.
In order to be successful in this role, you must be hands-on, internally driven, and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Design parts, housings, mechanisms, and mechanical components.
- Assemble printed circuit boards with surface mount components.
- Validate, test, and iterate on both existing and new electromechanical systems.
- Identify and work with domestic and overseas vendors for manufacturing quotes, sourcing components, quality assurance, etc.
- Identify and implement cost reductions for existing components & assemblies.
- Work with certification laboratories to ensure products meet the required regulations.
- Follow up with our domestic & international suppliers on production planning and delivery.
- Identify savings opportunities through the supply chain.
- Work with manufacturing partners to draft POs, prioritize orders, and keep track of all shipments and supply-chain/fulfillment processes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Soldering experience with surface mount components.
- Hands-on skills and comfortable working with hand tools, power tools, and shop equipment.
- Process or manufacturing engineering experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, multitasking capabilities, and good time management skills.
- Being a Night Owl is preferred (to be able to coordinate with overseas partners)
- Fluent Mandarin preferred
Perks And Benefits
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Free tennis lessons
- Continuing education stipend