Software Quality Engineer Lead
About the job
We are hiring a Quality Engineering Lead who will be a strong partner to our customers, guiding their teams on testing delivery best practices. Internally, you will also be responsible for communicating and contributing to the continuous development of the Quality Engineering Center of Excellence best practices, go-to-market approach, and overall client engagement best practices.
Please note: based on our remote work approach and compensation strategy, we are not considering candidates from expensive areas (like New York City or San Francisco etc.)
Why You’ll Love This Job
- An opportunity to significantly impact Testlio’s continued growth as a contributor to the Quality Engineering Center of Excellence.
- With a vast variety of customers in Testlio’s portfolio, you will be able to go through situations that you can’t find anywhere else – you will be dealing with multiple projects and partnering with a wonderful team to build amazing app experiences for the most exciting companies in the world!
- Chance to work alongside and learn from strongly motivated and experienced co-workers from diverse backgrounds and locations while enjoying the flexibility of a distributed team.
- You will shape the current and future Testlio approach to Automated Testing and work closely with our platform team to imagine and deliver solutions.
- Despite the distances, you’ll love our collaborative global culture and contribute to making Testlio a great place to work!
Why you will love being a part of Testlio?
- Winning business: Testlio is growing, profitable, and cash-strong. We are leading our industry with exceptional clients who provide us with a high NPS score and a 4.7 rating on G2. Our business model is global, enterprise, and subscription-based, with 85%+ of our revenue recurring. Several of our largest clients have been with us for 7+ years and many spend $500K+/year with Testlio.
- Proven client results: Testlio’s people + software solutions expand testing coverage, improve release velocity, and contain quality assurance costs. Our unique approach (“fused software testing”) merges automated + manual testing, on-demand + dedicated resources, and quality + operations systems to unlock new levels of quality engineering value.
- Great culture: Testlio’s is female-founded and is 46% women. Our purpose, vision and values help drive positive mindsets and behaviors. People like working with each other and love the global scale of the company. We move fast and empower people on the frontlines to make decisions and own initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure a client’s experience, QE onboarding, and value realization are exceptional, and pilot implementations result in new logo acquisitions and expansion opportunities.
- QE Lead will act as a test automation analyst in understanding and simplifying the implementations to the QE.
- Lead a QE team deployed on the client side and ensure the test automation standards and processes are followed across QE teams.
- Determine test script quality improvement factors and evaluate the script reliability.
- Make sure the QE team adheres to Testlio’s defined scripting governance process.
- Prepare automation roadmaps and status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing the data.
- Work under deadlines for delivering quality scripts to our clients.
- Use your extensive automation experience to challenge, recommend, and partner with clients’ internal teams to drive strategic Automated Testing solutions.
- Work closely with your peers on the Services Leadership team and cross-functional departments to continually identify opportunities to improve our customer experience.
- Collaborate with the Testlio client services team to ensure aligned Testlio values, capabilities, integrations, and alliances.
- This role will be reporting to the QE Manager.
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum seven years of experience in technology consulting, including developing test automation solutions.
- Minimum two years of technical team-leading experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Selenium, Appium, Cypress, and other frameworks.
- Previous experience in collaborating with different stakeholders and clients, and developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Prior knowledge in test automation, automated testing, and CI/CD.
- Experience in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Be able to learn fast and continuously expand your knowledge.
- Be a team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences.
What is the Candidate Consideration Process
We do our best to bring on individuals who will be excited about their role and have the potential for a great future with Testlio. Since we are 100% distributed we give you the chance to meet with multiple people throughout the organization to give you an idea of who you would be working with, and what the role expectations will be. Our interview process can take about 4 to 6 weeks to complete.
- Recruiter interview
- Technical task
- Hiring Manager interview
- TestGorilla assessment
- Stakeholder interview
- Hiring manager additional conversations
- Reference checks
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal-opportunity employer deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are female-founded and 46% of our team identifies as women. See the DEI section of our website for more information.