HR Manager (Estonia)
About the job
Testlio values its people as the foundation of its success. Therefore, we’re on a mission to provide an exceptional experience to our team members throughout their entire journey with us. To achieve this, we’re looking for a HR Manager (remote) based in EMEA to join our global People and Culture team. As the HR Manager, you’ll be responsible for shaping our HR strategy, enhancing people engagement by developing new programs, and promoting a growth-oriented culture, significantly impacting our organization’s success. This position requires a highly motivated, passionate HR professional with a client-serving mindset and excellent communication skills. This is both a strategic and hands-on operational role. The role will report to the VP of People & Culture.
Please note: based on our remote work approach and compensation strategy, we are not considering candidates from expensive areas (such as Germany, France, the UK, Sweden, etc.).
Why you will love this job?
- Human connection: relationships are the lifeblood of Testlio. You’ll connect and nurture relationships with every member of our global team.
- Flat organization: at Testlio, you’ll work with many leaders at different levels, including the CEO and other executive leadership members.
- Great culture: Testlio’s purpose, vision, and values help unlock positive mindsets and behaviors. Our social impact programs like Ignite make a difference in the world.
Why you will love being a part of Testlio?
- A true sense of belonging: the TestLion Pride is a global community of like-minded people who live Testlio’s six values every day. We’re deliberate about building our community with virtual events and activities that keep us connected across the globe.
- Growth through learning: knowledge exchange and learning are central to working at Testlio. You’ll find that motivated, experienced TestLions with diverse backgrounds can always introduce you to new perspectives. With various learning opportunities, you’ve got the perfect environment for both personal and professional development.
- Enable human possibilities: your work at Testlio has a larger purpose. As a TestLion you will not only help our customers create well-built digital experiences for their users, but also create opportunities for Testlio’s freelance network, and support social impact programs like Ignite.
- Freedom to roam: Testlio is a global company that embraces flexibility. You’ll have room to work wherever within your region’s main time zones. We also want to make sure you can take time off from work to rest. We honor national holidays in your home nation, and provide a generous number of days off, including personal wellness days.
What would your day look like?
- Serve as a crucial point of contact and support for Testlio team members and managers.
- Drive strategic, tactical, and operational HR initiatives to create an excellent people experience.
- Deliver generalist support and counsel and guidance in talent management, compensation & benefits, worker relations, and change management.
- Create systems and processes that help scale exceptional global employment, freelancer, consultant, and contractor practices across locations of hire. Ensure operational excellence within the People & Culture function.
- Plan, design, and implement policies and programs around worker relations, contracting approaches, compensation & benefits, talent management, performance management and compliance.
- Be a trusted advisor to team members and managers by handling questions related to policies and processes.
- Build and design people programs and company practices to create positive experiences to our people globally and nurture our culture.
- Proactively diagnose and mediate worker relations and performance matters while providing coaching and counsel to managers on a variety of work and performance matters.
- Identify, escalate, and navigate worker relations and communication issues with an empathetic, objective and solution-oriented approach.
- Apply strong analytical skills and attention to detail to understand complex problems and root causes, leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to develop insights, guide decisions, and formulate solutions.
- Lead other HR initiatives and contribute to People and Culture programs and organizational change initiatives as required/appropriate.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a HR Manager or HR Business Partner at a high-growth tech company
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in cross-country labor laws, employment, freelancer, and contractor practices, and applications of HR practices
- Passion and experience in the field of People Experiences, both on a strategic and tactical level
- Experience leading Worker Relations cases and investigations
- Experience in writing and building People policies, guidelines, and handbooks.
- Client service mindset and ability to facilitate resolution of complex cases
- Strong proficiency in data and analytics – can leverage quantitative and qualitative data to enable informed decision-making
- Passionate and proactive self-starter with the ability to solve problems and execute independently
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Fluency in cross-team collaboration and relationship building
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong desire to use your skills and expertise to have a positive impact on people
- You see pain points as an opportunity to innovate and get better and proactively identify opportunities to enhance the people’s experience
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Experience in a startup or rapid-growth environment where you’ve built and run programs is preferred.
- Comfortable communicating in English, both verbally and written