Freelance Software Test Lead
About the job
With a growing client base, we are seeking multiple Test Leads from LATAM to be part of our Freelancer Network and who will play an integral role in our client’s journey with Testlio. Our Test Leads set up runs, support Testers to make them successful during manual testing, and troubleshoot/triage results as they come in from Testers.
If you have completed Testlio’s Functional Regression Testing Certification, you can now apply to the Test Lead position.
If you haven’t, please sign up to Testlio and complete the Certification first.
Why you will love this job
- Work fully remotely.
- Opportunity to channel your passion for software testing and be integral in helping our clients build amazing app experiences for users and for some of the most exciting companies in the world.
- Being the trusted go-to testing expert for your clients.
- Chance to work in a fast-paced global company with a thriving business model, an experienced leadership team, and a top-tier client roster.
- Working alongside and learning from strongly motivated and experienced co-workers from diverse backgrounds and locations while enjoying the flexibility of a distributed team. Read about one of our amazing Test Leads
- Despite the distances, you’ll love our collaborative global culture and contribute to making Testlio a great place to work!
- Opportunity to learn constantly in a truly diverse and fast-paced environment.
What Does a Day of a Test Lead Look Like?
- Prepare test cases and ensure the quality of Test Runs across multiple projects by following the best manual testing practices established within Testlio as well as accounting for client-side expectations.
- Lead and coordinate Test Runs from start to finish – identify the relevant scopes, estimate the needed work task efforts, verify the testing environment, prepare relevant test plans/mind-maps/materials/guides and tools, involve relevant testers, triage the reported issues, support the testers, provide feedback and compile meaningful end reports.
- Review and provide feedback to test plans and tests created by other stakeholders.
- Identify and solve technical challenges related to testing, such as simulating geographical locations, using network traffic monitoring tools, and so forth.
- Along with the Testing Manager, communicating with Testlio’s clients to get an overview of the test plans and to deliver testing reports
- Support the other testers: sharing information about the testing context, clarifying the scope of the test run, helping them if there are any obstacles, and giving feedback to them
What You Need to Succeed
- Successfully completed Testlio’s Functional Regression Testing Cerification.
- Minimum 6 months experience as a software tester.
- Proficiency in API testing is highly advantageous.
- Have at your disposal at least one Android mobile or tablet device (Android 10 or newer) and at least one iPhone (8 or newer).
- A passion, curiosity, and focused interest in the field of software testing.
- You are based in LATAM.
- Good knowledge of software testing methodologies and procedures.
- Excellent writing and good verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong time management, problem-solving, and task delegation capabilities. You can prioritize independently.
- Being analytical and detail-oriented.
- Ability to give constructive feedback to testers.
- Working well under pressure and in an environment of constant change when working remotely. Read more about our ‘distributed by design’ model.
- In case this sounds interesting, please sign up by filling out the form below. If you are eligible we will get in contact and let you know of the next steps in becoming a freelance Test Lead in Testlio 🦁
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is a female-founded, equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and cultures.