Senior Software Quality Engineer (Android)
About the job
Testlio is the originator of fused software testing, a unique approach to testing that combines humans and machines to help digital innovators deliver quality products at scale. In any location. On any device. In any language. Via any payment method. The company is distributed by design, with full-time people worldwide and part-time freelancers in over 150 countries. Clients include Amazon, Athenahealth, Microsoft, the NBA, Netflix, PayPal, Uber, Wayfair, and many more. Collectively, they have awarded us an industry-leading 4.7 G2 rating. To learn more, visit www.testlio.com.
We are hiring a Senior Quality Analyst Engineer (Android focus) who will be a strong partner to our customers, guiding their teams on testing delivery best practices. Internally, you will also be responsible for communicating and contributing to the continuous development of the Quality Engineering Center of Excellence best practices, go-to-market approach, and overall client engagement best practices.
Please note: based on our remote work approach and compensation strategy, we are not considering candidates from expensive areas like Toronto, New York City, or San Francisco, etc.
Why You’ll Love This Job
- An opportunity to significantly impact Testlio’s continued growth as a contributor to the Quality Engineering Center of Excellence.
- With a vast variety of customers in Testlio’s portfolio, you will be able to go through situations that you can’t find anywhere else – you will be dealing with multiple projects and partnering with a wonderful team to build amazing app experiences for the most exciting companies in the world!
- Chance to work alongside and learn from strongly motivated and experienced co-workers from diverse backgrounds and locations while enjoying the flexibility of a distributed team.
- You will shape the current and future Testlio approach to Automated Testing and work closely with our platform team to imagine and deliver solutions.
- Despite the distances, you’ll love our collaborative global culture and contribute to making Testlio a great place to work!
Why you’ll love being a part of Testlio
- Winning business: Testlio is growing, profitable, and cash-strong. We are leading our industry with exceptional clients who provide us with a high NPS score and a 4.7 rating on G2. Our business model is global, enterprise, and subscription-based, with 85%+ of our revenue recurring. Several of our largest clients have been with us for 7+ years and many spend $500K+/year with Testlio.
- Proven client results: Testlio’s people + software solutions expand testing coverage, improve release velocity, and contain quality assurance costs. Our unique approach (“fused software testing”) merges automated + manual testing, on-demand + dedicated resources, and quality + operations systems to unlock new levels of quality engineering value.
- Great culture: Testlio’s is female-founded and is 46% women. Our purpose, vision and values help drive positive mindsets and behaviors. People like working with each other and love the global scale of the company. We move fast and empower people on the frontlines to make decisions and own initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Be a part of the Android Engineering team
- Create and support existing test cases and framework
- File bugs caught by CI tests
- Working with stakeholders on the improvement of test coverage
- Working on the in-house tools
- Join the team’s daily stand-ups and planning meetings to plan accordingly for any upcoming changes.
- Code review team PRs and help Android developers to maintain healthy CI
- You’ll be part of all Scrum rituals – daily standups, sprint planning, and showcase meetings
- Work under deadlines for delivering quality scripts to our clients.
- Use your extensive automation experience to challenge, recommend, and partner with clients’ internal teams to drive strategic Automated Testing solutions.
- Collaborate with the Testlio client services team to ensure aligned Testlio values, capabilities, integrations, and alliances.
- This role will be reporting to the QE Manager.
What You Need to Succeed
- 5 + years of professional experience in native Android applications test automation
- 2 + years of professional experience building native Android applications is a plus
- Knowledge of Android SDK (Activity, Fragments, Gradle)
- Proficient in Kotlin
- Knowledge of MVVM / Clean code patterns, Network HTTP, Rest API, Mock server, and DI (Dagger2/Hilt)
- Experience with Retrofit, OkHttp
- Experience in Android builds, Gradle
- Experience with test frameworks JUnit, Espresso, and Roboelctric is a huge plus
- Prior knowledge in test automation, automated testing, and CI/CD.
- Experience in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Be able to learn fast and continuously expand your knowledge.
- To be a team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences.
- Nice to have skills in Jetpack, MVI, Compose, Coroutines / Flow, SQL, Jenkins, Room, MAD skill
What is the Candidate Consideration Process
We do our best to bring on individuals who will be excited about their role and have the potential for a great future with Testlio. Since we are 100% distributed we give you the chance to meet with multiple people throughout the organization to give you an idea of who you would be working with, and what the role expectations will be. Our interview process can take about 4 to 6 weeks to complete.
- Recruiter interview
- Live Technical interview
- TestGorilla assessment
- Hiring Manager interview
- Stakeholder interview
- Hiring manager additional conversations
- Client introduction
- Background and Reference checks
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal-opportunity employer deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are female-founded and 46% of our team identifies as women. See the DEI section of our website for more information.