Senior Go Developer
Sincere is looking for a Senior Go Developer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience with Go/Golang applications. In this role, you will work exclusively on our most recent acquisition, Timehop. Timehop is an award-winning platform that allows consumers to relive their past memories – photos, videos, and social posts – from this exact day in history. Millions of people start their day reminiscing with Timehop, and swipe through their personal archive of memories from one year ago today to 20 years ago today and beyond.
We serve terabytes of data daily with latency in the low milliseconds to millions of unique users every day. To achieve that, we've built a platform with Go running atop AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, Aurora RDS - MySQL, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, CloudFront, S3) among other technologies.
- Help solve a wide range of technical challenges, with a focus on our backend applications that power the Timehop mobile apps
- Implement highly available systems using Amazon Web Services
- Design services and the APIs that connect them
- Collaborate with our iOS and Android teams for client-side support of new features
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high-quality code
- Develop monitoring and metrics dashboards to surface valuable data and increase visibility for our Product and Business teams
- Experience firsthand how engineering fits together with the other pieces of an organization to create a successful business
- Passionate and opinionated about creating great products
- An expert in Go/Golang applications
- Highly skilled at debugging and root-cause analysis
- Well-versed in concurrency and parallelism
- Deeply knowledgeable in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar RDBMS
Do you want to work in a growing company that invests in its employees more than the average company? Sincere is a family of brands with heart. The Company is home to Punchbowl®, Timehop®, and Memento®, and builds technology that brings you closer and helps show you care to the people who matter the most. With Sincere Foundation, we support organizations that address basic needs, and envision a future where everyone has the opportunity to celebrate, recognize milestones, and honor memories. We provide a fun, casual, and innovative environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded.
Some Sincere Perks:
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Flexibility to work from wherever you will be most effective
- A collaborative, start-up environment where you’ll learn a lot, get your hands dirty, and see your work directly impact our customers
- Fantastic, smart coworkers who are passionate about what they do
- Virtual team coffee chats, Friday team trivia challenges, and anything else we can think of to have fun as a team from a distance
PLEASE NOTE: Our team is primarily based in Framingham, MA and London, ON. We will consider applicants who reside anywhere in the United States or Canada who are willing to work “East Coast Hours” (roughly 9am-6pm EST). While this role is primarily remote, we have occasional in-person meetings (5-6 times a year typically).