Sincere is looking for an Android Developer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of Android development experience and believes that user interface details really matter. You care about creating structured and maintainable code, and you consider development your craft.
This is an exciting time to join Sincere: We have a highly-rated app, record-breaking growth among our key metrics, and an award-winning platform that’s been featured in TechCrunch, CNNMoney, Entrepreneur, WSJ, and more. In 2021, we announced a significant acquisition and the launch of Memento.com.
- Advanced knowledge of Kotlin & Java
- Demonstrated development experience with active apps on the Google Play Store
- Clean code examples with an eye for design
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, and mobile standards
- Working knowledge of Android SDK and Android UI components
- Excellent understanding of RESTful web services
- Experience with MVVM or MVP design patterns
- Eagerness to learn Android tools as technology changes
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, participating in pull requests and code review
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Jetpack Compose, or have built user interfaces programmatically
- Working knowledge of functional and reactive programming styles (Coroutines or RxJava)
- Strong understanding of CI/CD tools (Github Actions, Fastlane, Firebase, Gradle)
Do you want to work in a growing company that invests in its employees more than the average company? Sincere is a family of brands with heart. The Company is home to Punchbowl®, Timehop®, and Memento®, and builds technology that brings you closer and helps show you care to the people who matter the most. With Sincere Foundation, we support organizations that address basic needs, and envision a future where everyone has the opportunity to celebrate, recognize milestones, and honor memories. We provide a fun, casual, and innovative environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded.
Some Sincere Perks:
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Flexibility to work from wherever you will be most effective
- A collaborative, start-up environment where you’ll learn a lot, get your hands dirty, and see your work directly impact our customers
- Fantastic, smart coworkers who are passionate about what they do
- Virtual team coffee chats, Friday team trivia challenges, and anything else we can think of to have fun as a team from a distance
PLEASE NOTE: Our team is primarily based in Framingham, MA and London, ON. We will consider applicants who reside anywhere in the United States or Canada who are willing to work “East Coast Hours” (roughly 9am-5:30pm EST).