Trala is a tech-powered online music school. Our mission is to make world-class music education accessible to every single person on Earth.
Right now, music education is so expensive that the joy of music is available only to the rich and urban. Imagine instead a world where all 4 billion people who will pick up an instrument in the next 30 years could get a world-class education. That is the future we’re creating.
Our first product, Trala: Learn Violin, is a mobile application that teaches anyone how to play violin. We do this using movie-quality tutorial videos featuring diverse violinists, signal processing that listens to students play their real violins and gives instant feedback on every mistake, and a curriculum that prioritizes accessibility and diversity.
Over the last 3 years, we have grown Trala to 500,000+ downloads, students in 193 countries, and support from some of the most famous violinists in the world (such as Joshua Bell). Our students are ages 7 to 70 and live in rural Montana, Lebanon, tiny Pacific islands, Hong Kong, and our hometown of Chicago. They’re not businesses or governments, they’re people. They’ve dreamt of learning violin for years and we’re fulfilling those dreams.
In the next 18 months, we will:
- Roll out new instruments in new languages.
- Create an educational curriculum that gets better with every new student we add.
- Unleash our students’ creativity by allowing them to create their own content.
- Grow our 1-on-1 lessons program from 500 lessons/month to 10,000 lessons/month.
We’re headquartered in Chicago. We hire Chicago based as well as remote online roles.
If you're interested in working with us, but don't see a current opportunity that aligns under our current job openings, please apply under rolling applications. When an opportunity becomes available, we will reach out and let you know!
- Trala deeply impacts peoples’ lives all across the world. These are dreams you’ll be fulfilling. Not “leveraged data monetization” or whatever value Facebook claims to provide these days.
- Trala is funded by amazing people like the CEOs of LinkedIn and Duolingo. These folks are leaders in education & growth and are our mentors. They can be your mentors, too.
- Trala prioritizes diversity, inclusion, and righting economic and social wrongs. We strive to make our corner of the world a better place.
- You’ll be paid well and work with people who are the best at what they do.
- Read up about the types of people you’ll be talking with at www.trala.com/student-stories.
- For full time employees, we offer medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Work from home stipend
- Violin lessons with Trala!