Product Marketing Manager
Transmute is looking for a creative individual to join our growing team as a Product Marketing Manager, who will work with the product and sales team to achieve the team's marketing goals and accelerate growth for a soon to be launched B2B SaaS product. This role will focus on developing, and optimizing marketing and product awareness strategy across owned, earned, and paid channels.
In the lead up to the product launch, in collaboration with Sales and Product Team, you will:
- Develop compelling positioning, messaging, and primary why-buys for Transmute’s offerings that differentiate us in the market and resonates with end users
- Develop and execute strategies (e.g., content marketing, SEO) that result in an increased awareness of Transmute’s product offerings
- Define a go-to-market strategy and launch plans outlining product promotion and sale
- Develop competitive intelligence in order to highlight product uniqueness and offerings
- Create product marketing assets (e.g., web copy, decks, demo videos, blog posts, one-pagers) required to execute the marketing strategy
Post product launch, in collaboration with Sales and Product Team, you will:
- Lead the ideation and execution of campaigns that increase growth for the business
- Develop and execute marketing strategies that lead to conversion of prospects to leads
- Ensure that all customer-facing teams are on-message and are maximizing key channel utilization
- Identify target segments, their needs, and how our products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and important messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns
- Work with the product team to determine customer need, relevant features and inputs into the product roadmap, product pricing and packaging
- Enable sales with the right information to conduct upsell and outbound campaigns through educational materials/collateral
- Create product marketing assets (e.g., web copy, decks, demo videos, blog posts, one-pagers) required to execute on the marketing strategy
- Track and analyze marketing campaign and product interaction data to inform future marketing efforts
At Transmute we are looking for great people, and are open to different educational and professional experiences. Please apply if you believe you are a good fit!
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market experience with previous background in B2B SaaS marketing
- Experience working with product and sales teams to determine go-to-market and growth strategy
- Strong quantitative analytical ability
- Comfort in a face-paced, startup environment
- Genuine interest and curiosity in helping launch and grow early stage products
Bonus Experience & Skills:
- Experience working on B2B SaaS product offerings, particularly multi-sided platforms
- Experience scaling a B2B SaaS product from 0 to 10 and 10 to 100
- Experience building an open source software community
- Knowledge of Verified Credentials (VCs) and Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs)
- A foundational understanding of growing open source software communities and/or marketing to developers
- Experience working on highly technical products that are based on open standards and open source components
- Warm and professional relationship skills including face to face and written communication
Characteristics for Success
You may be a great fit for this role if you are:
A creative self-starter open to designing your role as well as products in a growing startupThis includes taking on an ambiguous idea and giving it a concrete shape Willing to try new and varied set of approaches to determine the right go-to-market and growth marketing strategy
Bring a customer-focused approach, with a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable product & marketing plans
Willing to stand up for customer needs, discuss alternative solutions, and challenge current assumptions, all in service to finding the best possible solution that meets the customer needs and drives home the key messages
Excited by the prospect of learning challenging new things every day, and acting quickly with that new information
Inclined to create something to test an idea, rather than just talking about it
Professional and extremely detail-oriented, particularly when working with customers and partners on committed work
Organized and detail-oriented
Transmute digitizes trade documentation in a way that is cryptographically verifiable and traceable across an entire logistics ecosystem. Our approach secures critical trade data and documents, so that they're:
- Traceable & verifiable anywhere in the world.
- Instantaneous to access or selectively share.
- Context-aware and machine readable.
- Easily searchable & auditable.
- Impossible to forge or alter.
We achieve this by combining decentralized identifier (DID), verifiable credential (VC), and blockchain technology with existing cloud-based systems to eliminate the paper hassle of trade docs and provide unprecedented visibility into customers’ supplier networks by effectively memorializing trade data at every step in a products’ journey from point of origin to point of import and beyond.
Transmute is a small and growing team backed by Techstars. We are headquartered in downtown Austin, TX, but are a remote-first company committed to adding the best talent to our team from around the world. We’re good at what we do and enjoy working on emerging technology.
We strongly believe in and adhere to our values including flexibility, mutual respect, and open-source innovation. We provide team members with the kind of commitment and support that only small, agile startups can. We value individual and professional growth and are committed to the long-term success of our team.
Pay & Benefits
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Unlimited PTO (3-week minimum per year)
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Holidays off
- 100% remote work
- Annual trip to Austin, TX for 1 week of live team-building
- Casual working environment
- Professional development resources