Customer Support Engineer
Trexo Robotics (Y Combinator Company) is enabling people to walk by building powered wearable robots (
Our first product is a robot for children with movement disorders such as Cerebral Palsy, and it allows kids to walk, in many cases, for the first time in their lives. The device is currently being used by hundreds of families and the best hospitals across North America.
About the job
We are a fast-growing startup and are looking for a highly motivated Customer Support Engineer. You will be a crucial member of the team, and a major point of contact between the team and its customers. Your role will involve fielding problems that arise with our customers' devices. The issues that come to us are often complex and challenging to solve. You will be on zoom calls with our B2B and B2C clients, get to the root of the problem, and walk customers through the solution. The customer feedback from your interactions goes directly towards improving the device, and the role sits at the unique intersection of product, engineering and customers. This is a unique opportunity to work at a fast-growing startup, while directly improving lives.
Trexo's work doesn’t stop with children. We are working towards building mobility solutions for all. At Trexo Robotics, you will find a flat organization where you can work with highly optimistic, low ego, and exceptionally talented individuals who look forward to solving hard problems.
This position is in-person or hybrid.
- You are detail-oriented and methodical
- You have excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- You can learn fast. You can learn to troubleshoot physiological setup errors as well as technical problems
- You have an intrinsic desire to help customers (and the patience to do so)
- You have a continuous improvement mindset, and are always looking to improve the status-quo
- You love asking 'why' multiple times, until you understand something from first principles
- You thrive in unknown situations. You can apply logical reasoning, find solutions, and lead
- You don’t shy away from taking a customer call on weekends or outside business hours
What you'll do
- Troubleshoot customer devices remotely (video call, chat and/or remote login to their device), from simple problems like wrong software version, to looking at plots of motor data to identify a faulty gearbox
- Assist customers in carrying out hardware upgrades
- Perform diagnostic check-ins after a repair
- Respond quickly (and personally) to customers
- Develop and maintain our ticketing system
- Develop customer-facing documentation, videos and troubleshoot guides
- Build KPIs to track the customer satisfaction and team's performance
- Run upgrade/repair scripts on consumer hardware
- Reply to individual customer queries on a daily basis (we have chat groups with each user)
- Identify trends in customer issues and fixes being sent out
- Provide feedback to the engineering and production teams on issues and suggestions by users
- 6 months experience working in a software or hardware engineering role
- 4+ years experience working in Customer Support roles
- Experience working/scripting in Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Can travel between Canada and USA
Nice to Have
- Understanding of human kinematics
- Experience in the pediatric or physical therapy space
- Experience with tools like Hubspot and Airtable
- Python programming experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation policy
- Group benefits plan - including a $1000 Health Care Spending Account
- Office snacks
- Dog-friendly office environment
Something looks off?