Trexo Robotics (Y Combinator Company) is enabling people to walk by building powered wearable robots
https://youtu.be/WkaRcPCNhZw. Our first product is a robot for children with movement disorders such as Cerebral Palsy, and it allows kids to walk, in many cases, for the first time in their lives. The device is currently being used by hundreds of families and the best hospitals across North America.
About the job
We currently have Trexos all over North America and an ever-growing backlog of Trexos we need to ship! As more and more devices are being used we need to ensure they all work perfectly and reliably. We are looking for an Electrical engineer to continue developing and maintaining our electrical and embedded software systems while satisfying compliance requirements. You will work on designing and developing new features with a focus on safety, reliability, and long-term support. The ideal candidate will have experience working on hardware and embedded software design for medical devices.
This position is hybrid.
You want to work in a small team solving a big problem while helping an underserved community. You love when products just work and can't believe how some bugs make it out in the wild. You are detail-oriented and love asking why often until you understand something from first principles.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain our electrical designs (PCBAs, battery systems, cables).
- Support embedded software development and maintenance.
- Support the manufacturing and supply chains with troubleshooting technical issues and communicating with external stakeholders.
- Maintain and update quality documentation for quality requirements.
- Perform hardware validation and verification.
- Lead compliance efforts related to electrical safety standards.
- 5+ years experience working in an Electrical design role.
- Extensive experience with hardware design and volume manufacturing for medical devices or mobile robots.
- Extensive experience with embedded software development in C/C++.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with solder, crimping and using standard electrical test tools.
- Interest in exoskeletons.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge Rust
- Knowledge of ROS
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation policy
- Group benefits plan - including a $1000 Health Care Spending Account
- Office snacks
- Dog-friendly office environment
Something looks off?