VP, Plant Design and Execution
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is looking to build a series of eJet chemical process plants to hit their goal of 1 billion gallons of SAF in 10 years. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Vice President of Plant Design to oversee the strategic aspects of our organization's commercial engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of design and operations engineers in the design, construction/fabrication, procurement, and design improvement of our future eJet plants.
What you’ll do
- Leadership: Provide strategic direction and leadership to the plant design team, ensuring they have clear goals, scopes of work and objectives aligned with the company's overall mission and vision
- Plant Design and Construction: Oversee the planning, design, and construction of new plant facilities, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, stellar designs, and response to all issues or fixes
- Budgeting and Resource Management: Develop and manage the plant design team’s budget, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources towards building an in-house engineering team and product to meet operational needs and achieve business goals
- Innovation: Evaluate the best technologies for the plant (in combination with partners within / outside of Twelve) to select the best paths
- Compliance and Safety: Ensure compliance with all relevant safety regulations and standards, promoting a culture of safety awareness within designs and within the team
- Talent Development: Recruit, develop, and retain top engineering talent, providing coaching, mentoring, and professional development opportunities to enhance their skills and capabilities
- Vendor and Contractor Management: Collaborate with engineering procurement and construction contractors to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of engineering services and materials
- Project Execution for the design of the plant: Lead and oversee major engineering design projects, coordinating with internal stakeholders, external partners, and contractors to ensure successful project execution within defined timelines and budgets
- Stakeholder Communication: Effectively communicate and collaborate with senior leadership, operations teams, and other key stakeholders to provide regular updates on plant engineering design activities, project progress, and performance metrics
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience (15+ years) in plant execution or a similar role, with a track record of success in leading complex engineering projects and teams.
- Strong knowledge of plant design, construction, and maintenance principles, as well as relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve goals and deliver results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.