Director of Program Management, Capital Projects
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Join our Technical Program Management team as the Director of Program Management supporting plant development. You will manage a team to develop and lead projects in design and construction of our processing plants utilizing Twelve’s proprietary technology. You will work closely with teams across Twelve to implement and scale up our technologies, utilizing EPC contractors for the engineering and construction of our large-scale plants. The ideal fit will have a strong background in managing design and construction projects in either the fuels or chemicals industries and demonstrated experience leading high performing, cross-functional teams.
This is a hybrid role based in Berkeley, CA.
You will lead a team to manage relationships with our external partners in the design, procurement, and construction of process plants utilizing electrolyzers and other unit operations to convert CO2 into our E-Jet fuel. You will maintain responsibility for the overall delivery of projects defined by the scope, schedule, and budget as agreed by the stakeholders. You will ensure efficient performance on the project by focusing on communication, project planning, scheduling, change management, project controls, progress measurement, and economic evaluation. Success in this role will enable Twelve to accelerate our technology development and transform the way we build our CO2 products at industrial scale.
What You Will Do
- Manage a team of PMs to lead and support strategic projects within Twelve’s portfolio
- Work with the head of the PMO to define work practices for your team and projects that are consistent with those used across the organization
- Build and coach project teams while creating a culture of belonging and accountability
- Execute our commercial projects safely, within budget and on schedule, in accordance with Twelve’s principles and best practices.
- Establish project alignment with organizational needs. Generate preliminary scope definition for the project. Define and compile the high-level project risks, assumptions, and constraints.
- Interface with and manage relationships with EPC companies, vendors, engineering companies, and subject matter experts to design and build large production plants.
- Define quality management systems. Create a risk management and response plan. Define and implement an integrated change management process and system per company guidelines and standards.
- Review, approve and oversee vendor contracts. Review and approve proposals. Work closely with the procurement team on procurement of equipment and process skids.
- Provide task planning, cost control, and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities related to the project; monitor progress and provide reports for all company stakeholders as required.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, business, or other applicable areas
- You have 10+ years of experience managing fuel refinery construction projects
- You are a strong people manager and understand how to coach and develop your team
- You have a high degree of experience and understanding of industrial construction methodologies
- You are comfortable with technical material and discussions and are happy to ask questions and own what you know and what you don’t know
- You are naturally curious, love to learn new things, and are relentless in getting the information you need to proceed
- You seek to make processes more efficient and have experience with project/work management tools (e.g. Asana, MS Project, Wrike, Smart Sheets, Jira, etc)
- You have great communication skills, and when you get new information you wonder “who else needs to know this?” and “what projects does this impact?”
- You have a strong sense of urgency and are able to positively share that urgency with others
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment and are comfortable working under ambiguity and shifting priorities (start-up experience preferred)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.