Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our Plant Design team. The Plant Design team supports greenfield capital project execution in a technical capacity.
As part of the Plant Design team, you will support projects building process plants using both electrolyzers and other balance of plant equipment to process and convert CO2 into a myriad of value-added products. You will lead the conceptual design, partner closely with external parties to execute detailed design and construction, and collaborate internally with our R&D and productization teams to continually improve electrical designs, for 1 MW and larger systems.
What You Will Do
- Develop electrical engineering FEL2-3 deliverables and represent Twelve as an owners engineer throughout a project lifecycle.
- Work with other electrical engineers on balance of plant electrical designs for process plant and electrolyzer systems.
- Interface with adjacent internal disciplines and project functions such as process, controls, instrumentation, mechanical, procurement, and project management.
- Interface with external EPCs, construction contractors, OEMs, distributors, consultants, and other subject matter experts.
- Ensure plants are designed and built to appropriate standards, with appropriate consideration given to reliability, maintainability, constructability, operability, and safety.
- Collaborate with R&D and business development to continually integrate improvements to Twelve’s core technology.
- Review and approve electrical drawings, equipment data sheets and requisition packages, FAT plans, commissioning plans, etc.
- Manage or guide 3rd party electrical engineering interfaces.
- Execute or guide electrical studies.
- Provide technical support to on-site construction teams and assist with plant commissioning and start-up activities.
- Support operational issues as needed.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in continuous process plants or similar mission-critical environments.
- Knowledgeable in electrical infrastructure design principles for commercial / industrial plant power distribution.
- Experienced in specifying, procuring, installing, and/or supporting operations and maintenance of power distribution electrical equipment, such as: power converters, distribution/substation transformers, switchgear, MCCs, motors, protective relaying & metering, UPS's, generators, e-Houses, etc.
- Familiarity with hazardous (classified) location equipment specification and wiring methods.
- Experience with electrical studies such as short circuit, motor starting, protective device settings and coordination, arc flash, and harmonic analysis.
- Knowledgeable in IEEE, API, and other industry specific electrical engineering technical codes and standards.
- Experience working with or for EPCs on industrial-scale engineering and construction projects.
- Understanding and familiarity with project execution processes and project lifecycles.
- Awareness of petrochemical plant operating philosophies and business drivers.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work as part of a highly collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.
Potential Twelve Candidates, please be aware of potential recruiting scams. Twelve will never ask you for payment or your payment information in order to pursue a career here. If anyone has requested such a payment or payment information in relation to a Twelve position or if you believe that someone outside Twelve has impersonated a Twelve recruiter or employee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and be safe!