Product Manager - Developer Experience
Software Engineering, Product
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Who we are
We’re a fast-moving, diverse team pushing the frontiers of artificial intelligence. At Twelve Labs, our mission is to help developers build programs that can see, listen, and understand the world as we do by bringing the world’s most powerful video understanding infrastructure to market. As a part of achieving this mission, we are building foundation AI models that can accurately and instantly search exact moments within petabytes of video archives, generate coherent text summaries of videos, perform prompt-based video generation, and many more. The Twelve Labs platform provides access to its Large Visual Language Models (VLMs) through a suite of APIs that are trained on massive video datasets and learn to understand the meaning and context behind the visuals, conversations, and sounds within videos.
Twelve Labs recently raised $17M in seed funding, recognized as one of CB Insights’ AI 100 companies within a year of its founding, and secured a massive compute resource through partnering with Oracle. We are hyper focused on delivering the Twelve Labs platform to our customers so they can build video understanding into their products and power dream features they could have only imagined.
Part of the pathway to our rapid growth has been paved by the outstanding group of people united by the company’s mission. Beyond prominent venture capital firms such as Index Ventures and Radical Ventures, the Twelve Labs mission is backed by category building luminaries like Fei-Fei Li (Stanford HAI), Silvio Savarese (Salesforce), Oren Etzioni (AI2), Alexandr Wang (Scale), Lukas Biewald (W&B), Jack Conte (Patreon) and more.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where our team members can bring their full selves to work, bring out their potential, and most importantly, thrive together. We welcome kind, brilliant, and open minded people from all walks of life to our team. If joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
About the role:
Twelve Labs is at the forefront of pioneering video AI technology, transforming the realm of video interaction with our groundbreaking multimodal video foundation model. Our Product Development Team is dedicated to crafting these sophisticated AI models into user-friendly and powerful APIs, revolutionizing video search and generative tasks.
As Product Manager - Developer Experience at Twelve Labs, you will have the unique opportunity and responsibility to both define product vision and drive results. You will focus deeply on creating a best-in-class developer experience so that they rely on Twelve Labs APIs and services for building applications for their customers and end-users. Together with our ML Research, engineers and Go-to-Market (GTM) teams, you will help productize foundation AI models that will forever change the way humanity interfaces with video.
This opportunity will suit anyone with expertise in software development in a dynamic technology setting, either as developers or technical product managers. This role requires deep empathy on developer needs and wants, and translating into actual product roadmap and initiatives including design API interface, onboarding process for developers, comprehensive developer tools such as SDKs and libraries for popular languages. It is also a highly self-directed and creative role, so you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured, rapidly expanding and evolving environment.
- Strategize and build developer tools (SDK, API, Documentation, UI kit, etc) by leading a cross-functional team of UX designer, Technical writer and engineers
- Collaborate closely with Product Marketing Team to develop marketing assets (Example: tutorial, blog, demo, etc) and events (hackathon, webinar) to grow developer ecosystem
- Frequently connect with developers, online and offline, to deeply understand their needs and pain points
- Stay on top of industry trends; proactively identify and develop partnership with other developer tools especially in AI/ML (Example: Vector Database, Open-Sources …)
- 5+ years of API or technical product management experience
- Strong track record of delivering developer-focused products and services with cross-functional teams such as engineering, design, sales, marketing, and/or partnerships.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent software engineer experience
- Extremely excited about multimodal neural networks and have a strong desire to become an expert on productizing large multimodal models
- A graduate degree in technical field or MBA is a plus
- Experience in managing API products in AI/ML/Foundation model company
- Experience working with data platforms, ML stack, and common ML deployment patterns
Resume -> Recruiter Phone Screen -> Hiring Manager Call -> Technical Interview and/or Take Home Assignment -> Culture Interview -> Reference Checks
We're also excited to share that we'll do global onboarding in Seoul for all new hires (company-sponsored travel).
Even If there are a few checkboxes that aren’t ticked through your prior experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you are a 0-to-1 achiever, a ferocious learner, and a kind and fun team player who motivates others, you will find a home at Twelve Labs.
We welcome applicants from all walks of life and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We cherish and celebrate diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes our company much stronger.
Benefits and Perks
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment.
🧑💻 Work closely with a collaborative, mission-driven team on cutting-edge AI technology.
🦷 Full health, dental, and vision benefits
✈️ Extremely flexible PTO and parental leave policy. Office closed the week of Christmas and New Years.
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in San Francisco and Seoul and coworking stipend
🛂 VISA support (such as H1B and OPT transfer for US employees)