Founding Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Who we are
We’re a fast-moving, diverse team pushing the frontiers of artificial intelligence. At Twelve Labs, our mission is to help developers build programs that can see, listen, and understand the world as we do by bringing the world’s most powerful video understanding infrastructure to market. As a part of achieving this mission, we are building foundation AI models that can accurately and instantly search exact moments within petabytes of video archives, generate coherent text summaries of videos, perform prompt-based video generation, and many more. The Twelve Labs platform provides access to its Large Visual Language Models (VLMs) through a suite of APIs that are trained on massive video datasets and learn to understand the meaning and context behind the visuals, conversations, and sounds within videos.
Twelve Labs recently raised $17M in seed funding, recognized as one of CB Insights’ AI 100 companies within a year of its founding, and secured a massive compute resource through partnering with Oracle. We are hyper focused on delivering the Twelve Labs platform to our customers so they can build video understanding into their products and power dream features they could have only imagined.
Part of the pathway to our rapid growth has been paved by the outstanding group of people united by the company’s mission. Beyond prominent venture capital firms such as Index Ventures and Radical Ventures, the Twelve Labs mission is backed by category building luminaries like Fei-Fei Li (Stanford HAI), Silvio Savarese (Salesforce), Oren Etzioni (AI2), Alexandr Wang (Scale), Lukas Biewald (W&B), Jack Conte (Patreon) and more.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where our team members can bring their full selves to work, bring out their potential, and most importantly, thrive together. We welcome kind, brilliant, and open minded people from all walks of life to our team. If joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
About the Role:
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Founding Technical Program Manager to join our innovative AI startup. As a Founding Technical Program Manager, you will report directly into the CTO and play a pivotal role in driving the successful delivery of AI projects and initiatives. You will work closely with engineering, product management, and research teams to define project objectives, establish timelines, and ensure the seamless execution of key initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and contribute to the growth and success of our AI-driven products.
- Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of technical projects, ensuring alignment with business objectives and technical requirements.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product management, research, and other cross-functional teams to define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Define project milestones, timelines, and resource allocation, and track progress against key metrics.
- Communicate project status, updates, and key milestones to internal stakeholders, including executives, team members, and external partners.
- Manage project resources, including staffing, budgeting, and vendor relationships, to ensure efficient project execution and resource optimization.
- Establish and implement quality assurance processes and best practices to ensure the delivery of high-quality AI solutions.
- Drive continuous process improvement initiatives to optimize program management processes, enhance team productivity, and increase operational efficiency.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Bilingual in English and Korean for seamless communication and cross-cultural collaboration.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management in AI, machine learning, or related fields.
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies, agile methodologies, and project management best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA, Asana, or Trello, and familiarity with project management methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Familiarity with AI technologies, including machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and computer vision, is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and the ability to navigate complex technical challenges.
Even If there are a few checkboxes that aren’t ticked through your prior experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you are a 0-to-1 achiever, a ferocious learner, and a kind and fun team player who motivates others, you will find a home at Twelve Labs.
We welcome applicants from all walks of life and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We cherish and celebrate diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes our company much stronger.
Benefits and Perks
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment.
🧑💻 Work closely with a collaborative, mission-driven team on cutting-edge AI technology.
🦷 Full health, dental, and vision benefits
✈️ Extremely flexible PTO and parental leave policy. Office closed the week of Christmas and New Years.
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in San Francisco and Seoul and coworking stipend
🛂 VISA support (such as H1B and OPT transfer for US employees)