Full Stack Developer (React Native & PHP)
untied is a revolutionary tax app for ordinary people, working with banks, accounting firms, gig-economy platforms and HMRC. Supported by Barclays, Techstars and Accenture’s Fintech Innovation Lab we’ve broken the mould to make taxes simple.
We’ve achieved a lot already but have even bigger plans. To make them a reality means bringing together great people with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
We believe staying on top of your taxes should be stress-fee and easy. Gig-economy workers and SMEs should be able to get on with the work they do best without having to worry about tracking every expense, worrying how to comply with complicated rules, missing deadlines or calculating what they owe.
The untied team cares passionately about making taxes easy and accessible, using technology and automation to help people follow the rules and reduce the tax they pay. This is how you get involved …
We are seeking an experienced and talented developer with strong React Native experience with working knowledge of PHP to join our growing and collaborative team. The successful candidate will be working with our product team to maintain and develop new features on current and future apps. The ideal person for this role will be battle scarred from React Native upgrades, dependency hell and git merges, but will have come out the other side stronger for it!
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working with RESTful web APIs
- Working knowledge of PHP and SQL
- Strong HTML5/CSS
- Demonstrable track record of delivering user friendly applications
- Experience with Git and code collaboration in teams
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly
- Great communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with native iOS development with Swift or Objective-C
- Experience with native Android development with Java or Kotlin
- React experience
- Some Python experience
- Open Banking API
- Google Cloud & Firebase
- Startup experience
- Tax knowledge – you might have been self employed once and had to submit a tax return!
- Strong working environment (five star employer on Glassdoor)
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Remote working (UK/EU based preferred)
- Join an exciting startup at an early – and funded – stage and work directly with the founders to help shape the vision
Deadline to apply: 23rd October 2020. Decision: 1st November.