Tax Product Manager / Product Lead
untied is a revolutionary tax app for ordinary people, working with banks, accounting firms, gig-economy platforms and HMRC. Supported by Barclays, Techstars and Accenture's Fintech Innovation Lab we've broken the mould to make taxes simple.
We’ve achieved a lot already but have even bigger plans. To make them a reality means bringing together great people with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
We believe staying on top of your taxes should be stress-fee and easy. Gig-economy workers and SMEs should be able to get on with the work they do best without having to worry about tracking every expense, worrying how to comply with complicated rules, missing deadlines or calculating what they owe.
The untied team cares passionately about making taxes easy and accessible, using technology and automation to help people follow the rules and reduce the tax they pay. This is how you get involved ...
untied is looking for someone to fill a a multidisciplinary role to help deliver untied's products.
You may call it a product manager or product lead, but we're less concerned about title than about what you'll do.
You'll know what it takes to bring products to market - from concept through understanding user needs, design, bringing in subject expertise and managing technical delivery. And you'll be someone to find ways to fill the gaps in a process, making informed decisions that will get our product into the market and then using evidence to make it better.
The other key word is tax. We'll be particularly keen if you've got tax/accountancy experience or who has worked with tax/accounting products and/or HMRC.
You will be:
- Have an awareness of tax or accounting products (an HMRC background would be a big advantage)
- Able to demonstrate experience in a product management role
- Passionate about bringing products to market that customers love
- Agile: You'll be comfortable with change and able to work fast
- A strong communicator: Able to understand users' needs and convey them to the team
- Able to understand the needs of the engineering team in order to push boundaries together
- Driven by results rather than bullshit
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of tax/accountancy
- UX and UI design experience (we all need to produce mock-ups from time to time)
- Commercial-facing experience
- Strong working environment (five star employer on Glassdoor)
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Remote working (UK/EU based preferred)
- Join an exciting startup at an early - and funded - stage and work directly with the founders to help shape the vision
Deadline to apply: 23rd October 2020. Decision: 1st November.