Sales Engineer (SaaS)
Raft is the intelligent logistics platform that’s rewriting the technology playbook for freight forwarders and customs brokers in the automation era. A dynamic UK-based technology company that’s fundamentally reshaping international logistics, we’re searching for a Sales Engineer who is excited by the prospect of working in a rapidly growing scale-up. We have significant runway thanks to funding from leading US investor Bessemer Venture Partners (LinkedIn, Twilio, Shopify), alongside Episode 1 (Zoopla, Betfair, Shazam) and supply chain-focused fund Dynamo Ventures (Sennder, Stord).
As a Sales Engineer you are critical in presenting the value of Raft’s capabilities to a broad set of prospects. As we continue to grow, you'll be collaborating with Account Managers as a trusted advisor to customers working to tie our solutions to their business needs. Our SE’s need to be nimble, able to clearly articulate the technical benefits and requirements of the Raft platform to developers and product managers, and express the value of our product to high-level executives.
Day-to-day you will:
- Build technical proof of concepts/demos/tools to assist Presales, Sales and other teams with providing value to customers
- Be a technical resource for other Presales members and the customer success team
- Provide expert knowledge on what can/can’t be done using Raft’s products together with other tools to solve customer needs
- Give presentations to our teams and customers around the technical capabilities of Rafts products
- Be a recognised technical expert and develop relationships with partners on the Product team.
- Be curious. Look for obstacles that are blocking customers from getting value, and blocking Raft from gaining new revenue
- Be the “Voice of the Prospect” by collecting feedback from potential customers and delivering to the Product team
- Complete RFP’s and Security Questionnaires
We specifically want someone who has:
- Strong experience in the SaaS enterprise software space
- Technical knowledge of SaaS products and their underlying technologies
- The ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end-user personnel
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Sound business judgment and decision-making abilities
- Highly analytical and self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication to stakeholders
Apply because you want to...
- Have the opportunity to work in a global market and compete with best in class companies who are on the front line of Machine Learning and Engineering developments
- Work in a modern Product-led company where your contributions are valued and have real-world impact
- Get exposure to working with stakeholders on a global level across different industries
- Work in a tech, fast-paced and challenging environment that provides opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Work in a diverse and multicultural environment
Raft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, gender identity or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled
The base salary for the role ranges from $140,000 to $160,000 per annum. The amount you'll receive within this range will be dependent on your experience, skills, and qualifications.