Raft is the intelligent logistics platform that’s rewriting the technology playbook for freight forwarders and customs brokers in the automation era. A dynamic UK-based technology company with a global impact across logistics, we’re searching for a VP Marketing who is excited by the prospect of working in a rapidly growing international scale-up. We have significant runway thanks to our most recent Series B funding, which we raised from some of the best investors in the space: Eight Roads (Alibaba, Spendesk, Toast), Bessemer Venture Partners (LinkedIn, Twilio, Shopify), Episode 1 (Zoopla, Betfair, Shazam) and Dynamo Ventures (Sennder, Stord, Gatik).
We are looking for a forward-thinking, results-driven, revenue generation focused VP of Marketing to join our GTM leadership team. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and execution of our marketing strategy to accelerate new sales revenue, retain and expand our existing customers, and take market share. You will also focus on building, enhancing and entrenching our brand as the industry leader in our space. As a critical leader, you will collaborate with various teams, including sales, customer success, and product, to deliver customer-centric solutions and measurable growth for our company.
Day-to-day you will:
- Reporting to the CGO, lead and develop the marketing team, fostering a culture of high performance, continuous learning and accountability.
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that align with our business objectives and drive revenue growth and retention.
- Build, own and execute the quarterly campaign plan which will deliver on the pipeline targets at each stage of our funnel(s).
- Reliably forecast and report on our planned and actual pipeline creation, maturation and pacing to goal.
- Align closely with the Head of Sales and their team to enable them on every campaign your team executes to make sure every customer touch point is impactful, efficient and effective.
- Using data and feedback, iterate often to optimize your campaigns to maximize demand program effectiveness and overall revenue attainment.
- Establish and refine processes for attribution, scoring, nurturing, campaign performance and standardized, real-time reporting.
- Build streamlined processes across the marketing and sales technology stack - deal velocity is critical in our business
- Develop and execute a comprehensive brand strategy that aligns with raft’s mission and values, ensuring consistent brand messaging across all channels.
- Define and maintain a strong brand identity, including logo, messaging, and visual assets, and ensure alignment with company goals.
- Oversee the creation of compelling content, including articles, whitepapers, videos, and infographics, to establish Raft as a thought leader in the logistics technology space.
- Plan and support relevant industry event, conference, webinar and podcast participation to promote our brand and maximize revenue growth.
- Ensure alignment between sales, customer success, product and marketing teams, developing joint strategies to accelerate the sales cycle and improve customer retention and growth.
- Leverage data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and initiatives, making adjustments as necessary to maximize ROI.
- Conduct market research to understand industry trends, customer needs, and competitive landscapes, using insights to inform brand and growth strategies.
- Drive collaboration with the product team to ensure messaging and positioning are aligned with product capabilities and market needs.
We specifically want someone who is/has:
- A self-starter with a ‘builder’ mentality that flourishes in a fast pace, startup environment.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in B2B marketing, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role, with extensive experience in growth stage venture backed startups.
- Experience in SaaS, AI, or automation companies serving the logistics industry is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field (Master’s preferred).
- Proven track record of designing and implementing successful revenue marketing strategies.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing successful brand strategies.
- Excellent analytical abilities and a data-driven mindset with deep knowledge of the underlying metrics/ dynamics of the B2B SaaS business model.
- Strong understanding of CRM systems, marketing automation tools, and other sales and marketing technologies.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You set a high bar in everything you do - quality, creativity, execution and productivity.
- We’re all on the field at Raft - you naturally roll up your sleeves and you lead by example by getting things done.
Apply because you want to...
- Have the opportunity to work in a global market and compete with best in class companies who are on the front line of innovation
- Work in a modern Product-led company
- Get exposure to working with stakeholders on a global level across different industries
- Work in a tech, fast-paced and challenging environment that provides opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Work in a multicultural environment
Raft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, gender identity or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.