Staff Mobile Engineer, Consumer Brand Platform
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
As a Staff Mobile Engineer, you will help design and build beautiful, intuitive user interfaces for our mobile applications to create the best delivery experience for our customers. You will leverage your full-stack TypeScript and UI expertise to build tools that create friendly, delightful, and optimized experiences for our customers, and empower our operations teams, working closely with product and engineering team members to help build the logistics platform of the future.
What you'll be doing
- Architecting, building, testing, and deploying front end web and mobile applications and features for our customer, client, and operations user bases
- Working with Product and Design to confirm requirements, prioritization, and development of new frontend features
- Collaborating and adding value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Working with technical and non-technical end-users, other engineers, and product managers in a cross functional, quick moving, and collaborative environment
- Analyzing code, requirements, system risks, and software reliability and providing recommendations on how to leverage our technology more efficiently
What you'll bring
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Advanced knowledge of React Native
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle, building and scaling frontend applications
- Enjoy taking initiative, is a self-starter, and is excited about collaborating on big challenges
What we value
- Human - You value human dignity and treat others with respect. You value everyone as a unique individual no matter their role, seniority, or expertise.
- Ownership - You take 100% responsibility for the areas you are accountable for, and support others to succeed in theirs.
- Team Success - You recognize that the team’s success is your personal success. You support others through open-mindedness and transparency, and actively seek the best solution even if that isn’t your own.
- Candor - You relentlessly pursue personal growth and are open & honest about your own shortcomings. You provide authentic, candid feedback to your peers, and welcome the same in return.
Why you want to work with Veho
- Competitive Salary
- Equity in a super fast-growing start-up
- Full Suite of Benefits - Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Team meetups, and much more!
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Something looks off?