Staff Software Engineer - Platform
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Veho, you will lead cross-team initiatives to identify and proactively address challenges with organization wide impact. You will design and build scalable and reliable systems, develop engineering best practices, and help drive technical direction. Moreover, you will actively seek out difficult impediments to our efficiency as an organization ("tech debt") and propose and implement solutions that will enable teams to iterate faster and achieve their goals.
Additionally, you will mentor other engineers across the organization to accelerate their career growth and provide assistance in removing roadblocks and obstacles that prevent them from achieving success. You will partner with engineering leadership to adjust, evolve and refine our processes as needed.
- Lead the development of large-scale features to delight our customers with best in-class experiences.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in design, product, ops, and program management and different engineering teams to decompose complex problems into simple, reusable solutions.
- Dive deep to completely understand problems and the related context while collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide strategic and tactical oversight.
- Drive end-to-end architectural designs and balance customer benefit, cost, and resilience. Partner with other leaders in the organization to both identify and solve our hardest technical challenges that have a material impact on the business.
- Mentor and develop others on the engineering team as well as outside of our organization by assisting them on advanced technical issues while helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have a measurable impact across your team and others.
- Help improve the overall experience of our product by improving the quality of the features both in your group and features that benefit other groups.
- Help identify areas of improvement in the code base, both specific to your team and outside your team, and help contribute to making it better.
- Consistently ship large features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- 7+ years of experience building, testing, and deploying applications in high-traffic production environments
- You have experience providing technical leadership to exceptional and high-performing engineers with highly diverse skill sets and backgrounds
- You can effectively partner with a diverse group of cross-functional peers - engineers, product managers, partners, managers, operations, and business stakeholders - at different technical levels and influence and drive overall direction and decision making.
- You can use your thoughtfulness and empathy to understand the challenges they face and how you can work together to solve problems for the business
- You have a proven track record of designing, building, and supporting reliable systems in production.
- You are able to see around the corners and identify key problems that require a solution for Veho’s long-term success.
- You have successfully helped set the technical direction of large scale engineering projects, making architectural decisions and driving alignment around those decisions, and influencing cross-functional teams.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- You are able to work with senior leadership to develop a long-term technical strategy and map business goals to technology investments.
- Tech Stack: AWS Serverless Infrastructure, Typescript, Node.js
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Something looks off?