Supervisor, Ground Operations, Northern Virginia, VA
Veho is the post-purchase experience company that unlocks the potential of everyday consumers and brands to fully participate in e-commerce. Building an entirely new end-to-end logistics infrastructure, powered by the latest technology and designed for the modern era of shopping, Veho is reinventing shipping, and all parts of the post-purchase experience as we know it. By removing the pain from delivery and returns, Veho is creating powerful opportunities for brands to engage and build deep loyalty with their customers like never before.
As a Ground Operations Supervisor, you are a hands-on leader, working day-to-day with our Warehouse Associates and Leads. You will be responsible for the development of the warehouse staff, including coaching them on the skills necessary to be successful in the warehouse and developing them for future success. You will set a standard of operational excellence and ensure your team’s success through values-based leadership. Additionally, you will be responsible for the accuracy of reports, scheduling, communication cross-functionally, and ensuring sort and launch packages are done in an efficient and safe manner, troubleshooting any issues with our cross-functional teams along the way.
A great candidate:
- Is passionate about a top-tier, early-stage tech startup that aims to build the next powerhouse of logistics technology
- Works well in ambiguity and ever-changing environment to ensure on-time delivery and exceed expectations of our customers, clients, crowdsourced drivers, and employees
- Effectively schedule shifts that align with volume and operation hours
- Is a recent college graduate or has 1+ years of people leadership, with a high standard of excellence and a low margin for error
- Possesses strong attention to detail, insistence on thorough accountability for themselves and for their team
- Demonstrates the ability and excitement to keep morale high while working efficiently
- Ability to navigate technology and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Lead through the values of candor, teamwork, ownership, and human, specifically to grow and develop your team for future success
- Being hands-on, coach, train, and developing Warehouse Associates/ Leads to be efficient with processes and procedures
- Proven record of assisting the team with values-based leadership to hit key KPIs and metrics for the operation
- Empathetic leader, who cares deeply about the success of their team and their overall development and growth
- Works well in a fast-paced environment that is, at times, physically demanding
- Demonstrates a high level of teamwork, partnering cross-functionally to ensure a successful operation and organization as a whole
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Is physically able to stand for the duration of the shift, move boxes up and down, including bending and frequently lifting (up to 50 lbs required)
- Willing to work flexible hours, including nights, holidays, and weekends
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.