Warehouse Supervisor, Dallas
Ground Operations Supervisor
Join us in building the next multi-billion dollar company in logistics technology!
Veho is a next-generation shipping company for the age of ecommerce. We are revolutionizing shipping by replacing the large old delivery trucks with a fleet of crowdsourced drivers, powered by the latest technology. Top ecommerce brands like Warby Parker use Veho to delight their customers with fast & affordable shipping, and an incredible customer experience.
We are headquartered in San Francisco and Boulder, CO, with a partially remote team. We are backed by top leaders from Uber, FedEx, UPS and Amazon.
Learn more at shipveho.com.
Your role as a Ground Operations Supervisor
As a Ground Operations Supervisor at Veho, you will be primarily responsible for managing the day to day ground operation of the market. You will have key areas of ownership in facilities management, local client and vendor relationship management, and administrative and business functions directly related to the team of operations associates and leads who operate during your supervisory period.
You will develop a deep understanding of the local operation, including the pickup schedule, sort operation, and driver launch, and be expected to maintain team budgets, schedules and payroll exceptions, and report on weekly key performance indicators.
You will support the operation in real time, making critical decisions that are outside the scope of responsibility of the teammates you support. And as you solve problems in real time, you will improve processes to ensure they only have to be solved once. You will have a robust understanding of the tools that make your local operation successful, including how they work and where they can be improved. You will work closely with the dispatch and driver teams, and will ensure full accountability of every package in your market.
As a team manager, you will be responsible for the personal and professional development of associates and leads on your team, and will help teach them the skills necessary to be successful in the operation while listening to their aspirations and helping prepare them for growth. You will set the standard for operational excellence, and ensure your teammates understand and execute on the Veho vision.
This role requires decisive tactical leadership and team management, as well some data analysis and metric-driven decisionmaking.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is passionate about joining a top-tier early stage startup that aims to build the next powerhouse of logistics technology.
- Is never satisfied with the status-quo and always works to improve things.
- Has 1+ years of experience managing people and processes with a high standard of excellence and low margin for error.
- Possess strong attention to detail, insistence on thorough accountability, and rigorous systems mindset.
- Is a process improver, and will see and correct inefficiencies and ensure all teammates not only understand but are aligned with those changes.
- Is numbers driven, has proven experience setting and following success metrics, analyzing data and communicating decisions that are rooted in numbers.
- Is an empathetic leader, cares deeply about the success of their teammates and goes above and beyond to support them.
- Has stamina, and will dig deep when the operation is challenging.
- Is very receptive to feedback, but is discerning and will push back if you do not understand or agree.
- Has a bias to action; decides and acts fast, but has a habit of reflection after the fact.
- Is a team player, able to communicate clearly and concisely with your team to accomplish goals.
- Has prior experience in a startup, growing company, or other environment where you rapidly developed and iterated on processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing a team of associate and lead operators in the warehouse.
- Managing the functions of your Veho facility, including inventory management, physical maintenance, safety and compliance, service management, vendor relationship management and driver partner engagement.
- Establishing and documenting policies and best practices for your warehouse teams.
- Recruiting and retaining an outstanding team of ground operators and leads.
- Facilitating weekly tactical meetings, and ensuring that the teams you support align with weekly and quarterly goals.
- Maintaining Veho’s exceptional success metrics as they relate to your facility and its functions.
- Maintaining and improving key operations metrics, team budgets, and critical reports.
- Identifying new operational challenges, and communicating those challenges to the team manager so that the manager can establish policy.
- Ensuring new processes are fully trained and documented.
- Communicating with Veho’s clients and vendor partners on real-time operational issues as they relate to your facility.
- Executing on strategic decisions and providing recommendations that are rooted in data.
- Working alongside the engineering team, proposing product features and communicating business requirements.
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- As an early employee in a high-growth startup, there will be significant opportunities for advancement.
- Health and dental benefits, unlimited PTO, and opportunity for travel.
Email your resume and a cover letter to [email hidden] with the subject line “Operations Supervisor Position”
Answer the following questions in your cover letter or in addition:
- Why do you want the position?
- Why are you the best fit for this position?