Senior PHP Developer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2024
Blanc Labs is a premier partner for global enterprises, leading the way in digitization, automation, and the development of next-generation digital products and services. Our expertise in digital transformation powers businesses to accelerate service delivery, drive customer engagement, and foster growth.
Blanc Labs is looking for a Senior PHP Developer to design and implement new features as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. You will drive the software change and release management processes, assisting with the overall maturity of the software development life cycle and most importantly build best-of-class products that delight our customers. You will have deep technical skills, be a self-starter, detail and quality-oriented, and be passionate about driving data-driven decisions and having a huge impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of the company’s proprietary software, services and APIs inclusive of our CRM and CMS
- Working closely with the product team to design & develop per the roadmap.
- Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack.
- Determine the root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Research and learn new technologies.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Determine process improvements, and best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
- Write clean, well-documented, scalable and quality code that is easy to understand and maintain using best coding practices.
- Help break down complex business requirements into technical implementation.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Degree in Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in PHP and MVC frameworks: Laravel 8+.
- Practical experience in Java, Node JS, and Python is a plus.
- Practical experience in API integrations such as Twilio, Salesforce, Zoho, Okta, and Slack.
- Interacting with Git version control to maintain organization and logging of codebase changes.
- Demonstrated experience with Unit or Functional testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), and Performance testing.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment with Bitbucket OR similar Pipelines.
- Proficiency with cloud-based technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, S3, Route 53, IMA, CloudFront, etc.
- Practical experience with Jira Software for the project and issue tracking.
- Knowledge of Docker containers and the New Relic monitoring tool is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with a variety of teams.
- Strong experience in architecting and developing modern web applications.
Blanc Labs is enabling a digital future. Headquartered in Toronto, we partner with clients in North & South America to digitize and automate their operations and build their next generation of digital products and services. We empower clients to enhance their digital offerings and bring creative solutions to the market faster. Learn more at www.blanclabs.com.
Blanc Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.